NFT Travel Thursday– 3/24/2022 – Vagobond Morning Briefing
Got a scoop or want to join us? Reach out to me via DMs on Twitter or in the Vagobond Discord.
If your email has truncated this briefing – see the entire briefing at https://vagobond.com/
March 24, 2022
GM and Aloha Frens,
Vagobond’s Recent NFT Acquisitions
- I’m not minting anything these days unless it’s either free and gasless or an essential part of a collection I already hold. I feel like pfps and generative 10k collections have come as far as they can and now it’s the established winners in this space that will give us something new. Possibly like what BAYC is doing with $APE or BYO is doing with their universe. I don’t know – but I’m watching for it and looking for opportunities to either take profits or increase my stake in projects that I think might bring about the next wave of innovation.
- As mentioned yesterday, $LIT dropped all OG holders a copy of the first magazine to be fully produced and readable on-chain. Time Magazine with Vitalik on the cover. I keep telling you guys $LIT is a huge project to watch and one of the top projects I recommend being involved in. I hope some of you also got this. https://opensea.io/assets/0x8442864d6ab62a9193be2f16580c08e0d7bcda2f/0
- The Gucci / 10KTF collaboration was revealed. While it’s kind of fun – I hope that the 1 ETH to mint project yields more than expensive jpegs in paper doll clothes branded with Gucci. Time will tell.
News & Alpha
* ALPHA * – The Vagobond Discord is one of the best free alpha servers around. You might see it in this briefing, but you’ll definitely see it in the Alpha channel of our discord first.
- OCM’s Karma Drop Postponed until June
- Gucci / 10KTF collab reveals…. and now what? Anything?
- Real Life Dogs on the Blockchain – Buy the NFT, get the Puppy
- NFT Band Debuts on the Ellen Show
- A Novel Framework for Reputation Based Systems
- Yuga Labs is a Web2 Company
- What does it mean to truly adopt Bitcoin?
Travel & Food NFT Projects
Updated Thursdays – See latest at https://vagobond.com/nft-101/the-travel-food-nft-beat-updated-thursdays/
News and Info on Travel NFTs
- Travel to India via NFTs
- I just found this site – looks interesting and will be exploring it further: https://www.tourismnft.com/
SXSW was a huge NFT Event in Austin, Texas. I probably should have written more about the NFT events, but to be honest, it felt good to be travel blogging again.
SuperLocal – https://pass.superlocal.com/ NFT gated travel app where users can mint locations as NFTs.
- SuperLocal is available in App Stores now –
Today we are finally launching Superlocal into public beta! Superlocal is a social network that lets you earn crypto and NFTs when you go to places. You check in, submit your post, and earn real rewards.
Get access: https://t.co/Xqeznzip0s
— Alex Kehr (@alexkehr) March 11, 2022
- First $LOCAL Airdrop Update:
wen $local? pic.twitter.com/PP8p90U1bf
— Superlocal ☻ (@joinsuperlocal) March 23, 2022
- Local Trotter NFTs are still available to mint and art is revealed now https://hello.superlocal.com/
- Mayorship NFTs are mintable.
Travel Toucans – https://www.traveltoucans.com/ These guys do a weekly Twitter Space focused on travel NFTs on Wednesdays – worth checking out linktr.ee/TravelToucans
- First of all, it was amazing to meet up with Travel Toucans in Austin!
- Travel Toucans is turning into a really useful travel community of people who help each other out with information and suggestions.
Aloha NFT – https://alohanft.com/ – This is a physical card that you purchase and is shipped to you and then you redeem the physical for NFT. I’ve ordered a pack ($30) and we’ll see how it goes when it arrives. People in the Discord have gotten theirs and the vibes are all positive so far.
- I received my physical card and used the QR code on the back to claim my NFT. I was a little disappointed that it’s in a proprietary blockchain wallet, but there does seem to be a way to export it to ETH/Polygon main net – though I haven’t done that yet.
CABIN – https://www.creatorcabins.com This is one of the coolest projects I’ve recently come across.
Our vision is to build a decentralized city for creators.Cabin is an experiment in the future of cities: decentralized physical nodes tied together by a shared culture, economy, and governance structure.
Lynkey – Luxury Resorts and Travel powered by Blockchain and NFTs. https://lynkey.com/
- This feels more like a crypto travel desk with an NFT project tacked on.
.@dinisguarda, Founder and CEO ztudium, Co-founder LynKey and FreedomX and @4jorge, Founder of Ecox, CBO Simba Storage, and Advisor of #LynKey @ the @tresconwbs 2022, Dubai
Discussing Metaverse NFTs The Future of Business- Tourism: the key to the new #Web3 #Metaverse(s) doors🚀🛸 pic.twitter.com/3pjuXbqowq
— LynKey (@LynKey_) March 24, 2022
Wanderlust Finance – https://wanderlust.finance/
- I love all the roadmap stuff here, but this seems to be a token that is promising a bunch of really cool stuff but that so far has dead links to the App Store, dead links to the minter, etc. I really want this to be what they are promising – but so far, it’s a roadmap and a token.
- Wanderlust is a Tech company developing an all in one blockchain companion application that allows users to pay for travel accommodations and experiences through a native decentralized Asset.
The Residence DAO – http://www.theresidencedao.com/ The Residence DAO is reshaping the way people experience the world by building a portfolio of properties that NFT holders can access
- The website says minting is live, but aside from that, I can’t tell much more. Twitter has gone dormant. No OpenSea assets that I can find. Ah…from the Discord:
“Thank you again to everyone who has supported us so far. For those of you who have missed prior announcements, we have decided to refund existing holders, improve the project and relaunch in the near future. Shortly after this announcement, holders will be refunded the FULL mint price (.305 for Miami; 1.25 for Global)! Holders will not need to take any additional measures on their end; we took a snapshot of existing holders a short while ago. Moving forward, do not purchase any TRD NFTs on OpenSea. Metadata will be wiped from existing NFTs.”
The Zo World – Zo.xyz This one is hard to get my head around, seems to aspire to be part Couchsurfing and part travel desk. I’d like one of these, but spending $200+ on it when it’s stalled like this isn’t my jam. From the makers of @ZostelHostel the largest backpacking hostel chain
- Currently minting and stalled 337 mints out of 10001 at a mint price of .08 ETH. Only one has sold on secondary and that at .06. The demand just isn’t there.
NFTstayy – NftStayy.com
- “First and only travel agency serves on Web3 and metaverse . Only travel agency accummulate income for own NFT collectors.”
Travala Travel Tigers – Minting now for WhiteList https://www.travala.com/nft – these guys are the OGs of paying for travel with crypto. Their initial foray into NFTs is expensive and will probably sell out before reaching the public sale – but offers some amazing benefits.
- 1000 tokens sold out with a floor now at 2.99 (5.5 three weeks ago) The benefits are pretty astounding – but still not sure if worth the cost.
PNFT – Cayman’s Paradise NFT Club – https://nftcayman.com/ This is a new and novel approach to using NFTs to get discounts and invigorate travel in the Cayman Islands.
- 3.2 k minted by 116 owners with a. floor of .06 and a volume of .7 ETH total – no change.
- 434 minted by 235 owners. Floor at .2 now from .35 ETH a few weeks ago.
- Minting is closed. I
NFT Booking – https://book.nftbooking.eu/ Book all of your travel with $BOOK – Aspires to be the AirBnB of NFT/crypto travel
- No updates recently, no announcements
Hawaii Aloha Collection NFT – http://discord.gg/hawaiialohanft. Twitter: https://twitter.com/HawaiiAlohaNFT Project created by former NFL star Mana Silva
- Announcement after a month says they are working hard, be patient
Travel Tokens by Drew Binsky – https://traveltokensnft.com
- No new updates
- This looks like a fail, Drew is in Iran and launch has been delayed.
Travel Photography Collections
This section will grow over time
Where My Vans Go https://opensea.io/collection/where-my-vans-go
Where My Vanagon Goeshttps://opensea.io/collection/where-my-vanagon-goes
Beautiful Cities of the World https://opensea.io/collection/beautiful-cities-trey-ratcliff
Food & Beverage NFTs:
This is such a huge category it really should be a separate beat. I’ll work on that.
Bored Breakfast Club – Coffee delivered by virtue of owning this NFT. No shipping costs. Great coffee. https://www.boredbreakfastclub.com/
- Second coffee claim open – delivery to begin April 2nd
- Bored Breakfast Club is thrilled to announce Share A Cup – an exciting program that enables our members to share deliciously free coffee with anyone in the Web3 community. This member-exclusive benefit will grant cups of virtual coffee for members to distribute via Twitter, and those virtual cups of coffee are redeemable for free bags of the latest Bored Breakfast Club blend.
Maison Moon – https://maisonmoon.io/ Maison Moon is a collection of 10,000 uniquely generated premium whisky bottles that will age on the blockchain before reaching your home. As a token holder, you will be able to claim your physical bottle once the final finishing period is over. Your token will also double as a Maison Moon membership that will give you access to fine spirits private sales, exciting air drops and more..
We are proud to welcome La Distillerie de Paris as our first partner.
They will produce special editions of premium spirits that will be only available to Maison Moon token holders.
The first drop will be grapey 🍇 pic.twitter.com/27DCOz6pCy
— Maison Moon (@MaisonMoonNFT) March 15, 2022
TV Foodmaps – http://www.tvfoodmaps.com/ Can TV Foodmaps translate a successful website into a successful NFT?
Flyfish Club –https://www.flyfishclub.com Gary Vee and Partners NFT club sushi restaurant in NYC
Floor for these is around 4 Eth with 1.3k owners (down from 4.39 last week and 5 ETH the week before)
- Flyfish Club (FFC) is the world’s first member’s only private dining club where membership is purchased on the blockchain as a Non-Fungible-Token (NFT) and owned by the token-holder to gain access to our restaurant and various culinary, cultural and social experiences.
Delectibles by FoodMasku – One man’s quest to make masks from the food he eats
The First NFT/Metaverse Religion- Bald Jesusism
I hope you were able to enjoy the Sugar Moon (3/17) and World Pi Day (3/14) with your frens and fam. As part of the celebration of Pi Day I was able to give out over a hundred free large pizzas with Pizza Dao in Austin, Texas and for the Sugar Moon, my daughter and I had wonderful Hawaiian Shave Ice.
This is the week of the equinox and so it’s the right time to review your goals and aspirations for the year. Meditate on happiness. Gather with friends. Another thing is to get outside and do a little gardening or weeding – even just digging a little bit, getting some earth under your nails. I don’t have much of a garden space but I was able to water my pineapple plants, do a little weeding, and even grew some sprouts indoors.
The holidays of Bald Jesusism are meant to be fun and healthy for you and your fam. Enjoy them!
https://www.baldjesus.com | Bald Jesus Twitter | Holy Bjble Twitter
https://www.baldjesusdrinkingclub.com – Minting Now!- for Bald Jesus Drinking Club
.04 ETH limited to 777 total
Holy Bjble – AB version – Readable on OS! Only .001 ETH on Polygon so no gas
Bald Jesus is Your Bro! Don’t Be a Dick
I periodically move all of this to the NFT 101 page on Vagobond.com https://vagobond.com/nft-101/
Watchlist for upcoming projects:
Great Projects I’m Not In or Following:
aka projects I missed and am salty about. There are too many – see the whole list at:
Missed in March: Cyber Brokers
Tokens & Staking
These are the tokens and crypto/defi projects that NFTs have led me to. Bizarre when you think about it. See the full list at here
Cult Dao– https://app.cultdao.io/ | Manifesto
These are projects that I wanted to believe in that simply seem like they are dead. I bought into many of these instead of the winning projects above. Take that as a warning. I sincerely hope that they resurrect – but when I put them here, it means that I’ve stopped believing and looking. I hope to someday have a section at the top called ‘Resurrections’ for when projects in the Graveyard manage to rise up again. As time goes on, I have no doubt this will be the biggest section of this newsletter and I will let it keep growing so that those who care to look can understand that the majority of projects fail and investors lose money. Pick wisely, my friends, and good luck!
Newly Buried: See the huge full list at https://vagobond.com/nft-101/nft-project-graveyard/
Features – Just click on the image to read the latest!