Got a scoop or want to join us? Reach out to me via DMs on Twitter or in the Vagobond Discord.
If your email has truncated this briefing – see the entire briefing at https://vagobond.com/
I love watching the NFT travel space grow and become real. I’ve not done much travel in the past few years – most of us haven’t – for obvious reasons, but with any luck that will change. My first trip that isn’t family related will be to South by Southwest next week. I’m super excited to see Austin, meet my friends from PageDAO, Travel Toucans, and other NFT projects IRL, and to just have a little bit of a break from my normal IRL life. I live in Hawaii, but when you live here – part of it is the daily grind of making sure you can pay your bills and continue to not be among the homeless. It’s not easy, but it’s worth it. As locals we joke that when you go to the beach on a weekday you only see tourists, wealthy retirees, and the homeless population (which is growing a lot) – but not the rest of us. We joke, but it’s true.
Anyway, there are some exciting travel NFT projects covered below and it’s a busy day with Blue Chip NFT projects as well. As always in the NFT & crypto world, there is a lot going on. I hope this helps you to catch up and save some of your time for other things.
* ALPHA * – The Vagobond Discord is one of the best free alpha servers around. You might see it in this briefing, but you’ll definitely see it in the Alpha channel of our discord first.
- BYO crafts happening today
- Pixel Vault Punks Comic #1 physical comic claim ongoing and Mint Pass 2 claim coming this week (or next) Snapshot for planets was taken yesterday at noon.
- Free ‘Jake the Degen’ drop for Jenkins the Valet holders today
- LIT DAO is operational for all holders of $LIT token
- Huxley is doing their big giveway for comics holders today. Fingers crossed.
- The Non Fungible Heroes comic is minting tomorrow.
- Moonlings allowlist minting today (now, sort of) General Mint tomorrow. https://mint.moonlings.space/
- Honey I Orange Pilled the Kids – BTC Children’s Authors
- Heat Your Caravan with a Bitcoin Miner!
- Crypto Doesn’t Care that US Inflation is at the All Time High
- The ENS Saga and the Pitfalls of DAO Democracy
Travel & Food NFT Projects
Updated Thursdays – See latest at https://vagobond.com/nft-101/the-travel-food-nft-beat-updated-thursdays/
News and Info on Travel NFTs
- Como Launches NFT Project to Promote Como Tourism
- First Crypto Hotel Brand Launches NFT Membership
- NFTs Changing the Game for Photographers
- Nigerian Crypto Startup Using NFTs for Tourism
- First NFT Lesson Conducted at Turkish University
- Italian Museums Selling NFTs of Famous Artworks
- Las Vegas Hotel Circa Launches NFT Collection
SuperLocal – https://pass.superlocal.com/ NFT gated travel app where users can mint locations as NFTs.
- Local Trotter NFTs are now available to mint (free + gas) for early pass holders at https://hello.superlocal.com/
- Mayorship NFTs are mineable, but I couldn’t figure out how to make it work – unfortunately. I have a couple Mayorships but my early access pass isn’t in a wallet that is connected to my phone – which is where the app lives.
- Travel Alpha Channel created for holders
- IRL meetup on Sat, Mar 19 3:00-6:00pm (Austin, TX time) in South by Southwest
- Minted 2/22/22 – 157/10001 minted. I bought four of these and will hold. I love the vibe these guys bring but as you can see from the projects above – there isn’t a whole lot of enthusiasm in the NFT space about travel right now. Travel projects are struggling to get any traction.
- Minting 🔸Public Mint will now be set to TBD based on when it is appropriate to begin full marketing efforts again and momentum has been resumed 🔸Private Presale via password will continue 🔹Travel Trivia will begin next week – more info to come! 🔹Prizes each week for winners! 🔹Travel Movie Night later this month! Early Travel Toucan Holder Benefits 🔸Free entry to Travel Photography contest 🔸Free entry to play Travel Trivia 🔸A new “Travel Alpha” channel 🔸Full access to Travel Toucan Community Map 🔸Much more to come! **Photography contest and Trivia can be accessed by non-holders by helping to build the project & community! (more details to come) For now, these are the main updates – we’ll give more information on each piece as it develops. Thank you again to all of you for being here so early and for your continued support of the Travel Toucans mission & vision!
Aloha NFT – https://alohanft.com/ – This is a physical card that you purchase and is shipped to you and then you redeem the physical for NFT. I’ve ordered a pack ($30) and we’ll see how it goes when it arrives. People in the Discord have gotten theirs and the vibes are all positive so far.
Lynkey – Luxury Resorts and Travel powered by Blockchain and NFTs. https://lynkey.com/
- This feels more like a crypto travel desk with an NFT project tacked on.
— LynKey (@LynKey_) March 9, 2022
Wanderlust Finance – https://wanderlust.finance/
- Wanderlust is a Tech company developing an all in one blockchain companion application that allows users to pay for travel accommodations and experiences through our native decentralized Asset.
- The first NFT Minting platform that allows users to seamlessly mint their travel photos or images into personalized NFTs by being able to easily add prebuilt frames, filters, and even embed QR codes to make the NFT scannable to a certain NFT collection or Geotagging your travel adventures.
- Launching a series of limited high-quality animated video NFTs for charity.
The Residence DAO – http://www.theresidencedao.com/ The Residence DAO is reshaping the way people experience the world by building a portfolio of properties that NFT holders can access
- minting March 14th – the gist of it seems to be earn crypto to pay for stays at luxury properties.
The Zo World – Zo.xyz This one is hard to get my head around, seems to aspire to be part Couchsurfing and part travel desk. I’d like one of these, but spending $200+ on it when it’s stalled like this isn’t my jam.
- Currently minting and stalled 224 mints by 137 owners out of 10001 at a mint price of .08 ETH.
- From the makers of @ZostelHostel the largest backpacking hostel chain
NFTstayy – NftStayy.com
- “First and only travel agency serves on Web3 and metaverse . Only travel agency accummulate income for own NFT collectors.”
- They need to hire some native English speakers on Fiverr to write their copy- it’s painful.This project is still in its early stages. Make sure to follow our social media accounts ( Discord , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram ) , especially Twitter so that we can apply for verification.NFTSTAYY started as a tiny hotel collection, but quickly developed into an online sensation. This NFT project is similar to other collectibles such as Pokemon cards, fine art, and beanie babies. High utility is main benefit of this collection.Each hotel minted 1/100 at first stage… It can be more than this as it is declared and counted with hidden formula connected to total room number of hotel .
Travala Travel Tigers – Minting now for WhiteList https://www.travala.com/nft – these guys are the OGs of paying for travel with crypto. Their initial foray into NFTs is expensive and will probably sell out before reaching the public sale – but offers some amazing benefits.
- 1000 tokens sold out with a floor now of 3.03 (last week was 3.3, and 5.5 three weeks ago) The benefits are pretty astounding – but still not sure if worth the cost.
PNFT – Cayman’s Paradise NFT Club – https://nftcayman.com/ This is a new and novel approach to using NFTs to get discounts and invigorate travel in the Cayman Islands.
- 10000 Hand Drawn, Algorithmically combined Apex Predators that save you money on: Stingray & Island Tours, Bioluminescent Tours, Water Sports, Fishing Charters, Private Charters, Restaurants, Access to exclusive events! More to come! These NFTs are creating awesome experiences in the Cayman Islands! Use your Paradise Predator NFT for discounts, access to special events and Prizes to various experiences in the Cayman Islands – the slice of paradise in the Caribbean!
- 3.2 k minted by 116 owners with a. floor of .06 and a volume of .7 ETH total
- More partnerships with Cayman tourism business’ announced
- 434 minted by 235 owners. Floor at .35 ETH
- Minting is closed. In progress We have a couple of properties lined up that we are targeting for our first acquisition. Currently in Negotiations with the first property on Lease rates for the first 5 units. In progress Ambassador program payments have not been paid out yet, I will get to those this week. In progress Spreadsheet/dashboard to track Funds related to the project In progress Front End UI for DaoBNB holder bookings In progress Partnership program (property owners will be able to submit a request for us to evaluate their properties for lease to us) In progress Applications process to work with us In progress Course build out and consultation process with holders to help with learning “How to Rental Arbitrage” In progress Dao Systems
- Lots of games in the announcements but nothing of particular substance this week
NFT Booking – https://book.nftbooking.eu/ Book all of your travel with $BOOK – Aspires to be the AirBnB of NFT/crypto travel
- No updates recently, no announcements
- Not sure about this one at all, good local vibes in the Discord but the art and project feel pretty one dimensional
- Announcement after a month says they are working hard, be patient
Travel Tokens by Drew Binsky – https://traveltokensnft.com
- Again, one I’m not sure of. Less focused on travel than on one man’s travel. Not much activity on Twitter, some dates on the website, and almost no activity I the Discord.
- No new updates
- This looks like a fail, Drew is in Iran and launch has been delayed.
Travel Photography Collections
This section will grow over time
Where My Vans Go https://opensea.io/collection/where-my-vans-go
Where My Vanagon Goeshttps://opensea.io/collection/where-my-vanagon-goes
Beautiful Cities of the World https://opensea.io/collection/beautiful-cities-trey-ratcliff
Food & Beverage NFTs:
This is such a huge category it really should be a separate beat. I’ll work on that.
Maison Moon – https://maisonmoon.io/
TV Foodmaps – http://www.tvfoodmaps.com/
- Can TV Foodmaps translate a successful website into a successful NFT?
- Devs both have full time IRL jobs but project is moving forward
Flyfish Club –https://www.flyfishclub.com Gary Vee and Partners NFT club sushi restaurant in NYC
Floor for these is around 4 Eth with 1.3k owners (down from 4.39 last week and 5 ETH the week before)
- Flyfish Club (FFC) is the world’s first member’s only private dining club where membership is purchased on the blockchain as a Non-Fungible-Token (NFT) and owned by the token-holder to gain access to our restaurant and various culinary, cultural and social experiences.
Bored Breakfast Club – Coffee delivered by virtue of owning this NFT. No shipping costs. Great coffee. https://www.boredbreakfastclub.com/
- First batch of coffee delivered and gets great reviews.
- Second batch on deck for April 2nd
- Bored Breakfast Club is thrilled to announce Share A Cup – an exciting program that enables our members to share deliciously free coffee with anyone in the Web3 community. This member-exclusive benefit will grant cups of virtual coffee for members to distribute via Twitter, and those virtual cups of coffee are redeemable for free bags of the latest Bored Breakfast Club blend.
Delectibles by FoodMasku – One man’s quest to make masks from the food he eats
Vagobond’s New Acquisitions
You can find my NFT buying methodology and more at https://vagobond.com/nft-101/
- I’m generally not paying to mint anything at the moment while I attempt to mentally chart where the NFT market and world is going. My focus is currently on the projects I already own with an emphasis on Music, Travel, and Literary NFTs. That being said – I will probably be getting some free project drops from time to time or adding to my holdings of ecosystems I’m currently in or maybe I’ll Degen into some free mints if the gas is cheap.
- I bought one of the Gutter Juice from GCG – grabbed a Dog at the floor. Prices on these are climbing as people realize they are new residents of the GCG.
- Superlocal ‘Local Trotter’ (free mint for early access holders) https://opensea.io/collection/localtrotters
- Today’s cover is the Train to Neo City – free for Genetic Chain stakers
My Chip List Top 5’s Today
(Feel free to disagree) – this list will change daily based on my own hype and holdings. To get the latest news on all of these and my more permanent lists go to https://vagobond.com/my-bag-of-nft-chips-blue-red-white/
- On Chain Monkeys
- Pixel Vault/Punks Comic/Metahero
- Moons of Mars
- Valiant Comics
- Peaceful Groupies
- Influence Asteroids
- Non-Fungible Heroes
- Danger Islands / Lazer Defi
- Battle Maneki
- Degen Toonz
The First NFT/Metaverse Religion- Bald Jesusism
The March full moon is the ‘Sugar Moon’ on this day (March 17th in Hawaii) we share sweet treats with kids and the people we love and also – take the day off work if you can. Enjoy yourself. March 14th is world Pi Day. On this day we celebrate math and eat pie. Sharing pie with math lovers is a very Bald Jesus thing to do. If you are baking pies, cut the pi symbol in the top of your pie! The big one for March though is Garden Day aka Spring Equinox – Generally around March 21st. Do some gardening, get outside, feel the soil under your bare feet. Review your goals and aspirations for the year. Meditate on happiness. Gather with friends.
https://www.baldjesusdrinkingclub.com – Minting Now!- for Bald Jesus Drinking Club
.05 ETH limited to 777 total
Holy Bjble – AB version – Readable on OS! Only .001 ETH on Polygon so no gas
Bald Jesus is Your Bro! Don’t Be a Dick
I periodically move all of this to the NFT 101 page on Vagobond.com https://vagobond.com/nft-101/
1. How do you "buy the dip"?
Those who are toxically positive on Twitter will often lambast bUy ThE dIp during weak price action…but how do you do it successfully without getting rekt?
— OSF (@osf_nft) March 7, 2022
Moonlings – Metahero derivitive project by PVFD – https://discord.gg/cXjPutEu4h
Great Projects I’m Not In or Following:
aka projects I missed and am salty about. There are too many – see the whole list at:
Missed in March: Cyber Brokers
Tokens & Staking
These are the tokens and crypto/defi projects that NFTs have led me to. Bizarre when you think about it. See the full list at here
These are projects that I wanted to believe in that simply seem like they are dead. I bought into many of these instead of the winning projects above. Take that as a warning. I sincerely hope that they resurrect – but when I put them here, it means that I’ve stopped believing and looking. I hope to someday have a section at the top called ‘Resurrections’ for when projects in the Graveyard manage to rise up again. As time goes on, I have no doubt this will be the biggest section of this newsletter and I will let it keep growing so that those who care to look can understand that the majority of projects fail and investors lose money. Pick wisely, my friends, and good luck!
Newly Buried: See the huge full list at https://vagobond.com/nft-101/nft-project-graveyard/
Daily Features – Just click on the image to read the latest
Daily Features – Just click on the image to read the latest!