Got a scoop or want to join us? Reach out to me via DMs on Twitter or in the Vagobond Discord.
If your email has truncated this briefing – see the entire briefing at https://vagobond.com/
Tomorrow is shaping up to be a big day in Blue Chip NFTs with a giveaway from Huxley, BYO Crafts dropping, the Jenkins free claim, and who knows what else. The Gutter Cat ‘gutter juice’ drop has me once again regretting that I sold my GCG way back when – but I don’t regret selling that stupid Trump looking pigeon even a little bit. I’m out of the ecosystem now, but if this downtrend continues, I may buy back in with a Gutter Cat at some point. Time will tell. GCG reminds me to be grateful to Angela Clark who was my NFT Angel when I got ripped off last year when I tried to buy a floor ape and ended up buying a fake. It still hurts and I likely would have left NFTs forever if she hadn’t of shown me just how amazing this community is. I’m so grateful still.
Back in those days, we were all focused on the WAX ecosystem in my go-to blockchain chat in the Doctor Who Worlds Apart Discord server. One thing I’m sort of happy about in regards to this slow down in the NFT world is that it’s given me time to give a little bit of attention back to WAX – which is really vibrant and has a lot of games, music, and odd stuff in it. I’ve listed a few of my most recent acquisitions in WAX below – one of them a game we’ve been playing in the Vagobond server that is fun and addictive. You should come join us in Apocalyptics.
* ALPHA * – The Vagobond Discord is one of the best free alpha servers around. You might see it in this briefing, but you’ll definitely see it in the Alpha channel of our discord first.
- BYO crafts happening 3/10
- Pixel Vault Punks Comic #1 physical comic claim ongoing and Mint Pass 2 claim coming this week (or next) Snapshot for planets was taken yesterday at noon.
- Free ‘Jake the Degen’ drop for Jenkins the Valet holders on 3/10
- Gutter Cat Gang dropped ‘Gutter Juice’ to all members overnight and had a stealth sale yesterday. These produce an android version of each gutter species. I’m no longer in this ecosystem but it might provide a good entry point for those who are interested in being in it.
- Yesterday the mega-entertainer Sia doxxed herself as a member of the ‘NFT-Medici’ fam and a LITizen. Also, Neil Strauss LIT Project 1 book Survive All Apocalypses was optioned into becoming a film – with the copyright owner being signed on as a producer of the film.
- Huxley is doing their big giveway for comics holders tomorrow (3/10). Fingers crossed.
- The Non Fungible Heroes comic is really looking like it is going to be something special. Totally different genre, but I won’t be surprised to see this thing go Huxley at some point.
- Biden’s Executive Order on Cryptocurrency Revealed
- Bitcoin Back to $42k as Market Awaits CPI Data
- Fed Chair Yellen’s Statement on Biden’s Crypto Executive Order
Music NFT Beat
Updated Wednesdays by Angel Blue – See latest at https://vagobond.com/nft-101/the-music-nft-beat-updated-wednesdays/
Angel Blue here bringing you the latest in Music NFTS. Hope you are all well this fine Wednesday.
Above is the latest Ziggurats by Mike Shinoda I obtained a few days ago. I have always loved Mikes skull design and this was on the floor so I grabbed it. The track with it is amazing as well.
The Warpsound x Audius remix contest is wrapping up this week on March 9th before going to the judging panel. I’ve entered which makes me nervous because I’m more amateur at this stage, but it gives me an opportunity to create more music.
2 more days to submit your remixes for the chance to win ETH prizes & be heard by our incredible panel of judges including @Young_Guru @mikeshinoda @ThisIsPVRIS & more!https://t.co/fMswDso5lw pic.twitter.com/hBSgOpoj72
— WVRPS by WarpSound (@warpsound_ai) March 7, 2022
Something amazing Sound Mint has done is to create SoundMint Vinyls. It’s an NFT Access pass that gains WE ARE KLOUD holders direct exposure to the value of SoundMints platform earnings, governance and much more.
On 3rd of this month the first EP on Royal founded by 3lau and Justin Dross was released by Ollie Raps which sold out the same day. Royal lets artists and fans co-own music together. Royal enables anyone to own a piece of their favourite songs to earn royalties alongside the artist.
Snoop Dogg is killing it again bringing his Death Row Records as a NFT record label. An incredible and needed addition in this space. He’s released meditation tracks this week on death row records. To see Snoop so active in the space is truly incredible. He’s been my idol since I was a teen. Now he’s bought Death Row Records back and this time as a NFT label.
What I’m seeing within the music NFT space is incredible. So many artists finding their feet, realizing that we hold the power something many of us have lost due to record labels and centralized control. The ability to throw parties in the metaverse or put on a show is something that’s been long needed. Artist to fan with no middle man. The opportunities that are arising from being in web3 is truly something many of us have only dreamt of and I can vouch for this personally.
I have just taken up an amazing opportunity that is under wraps for now. An opportunity within the music space I never thought would or could happen. How did it happen? It’s all because of this weekly write up. Which started in Warpsound discord. And I wouldn’t have found Warpsound (before it was an NFT) if it hadn’t of been for Mike Shinoda. Every person I’ve met since finding web3 last May, I am eternally grateful to and for. When I create this write up each week I want people to be inspired and to follow their dreams. Music is within all of us and connects us to places, people, memories. This space interconnects even more. I am so grateful for everyone here.
Every Monday: Rug Radio WVRPd Music with Warpsound
Warpsound IRL meet up 3/14 in East Austin. Must be a WVRPS holder
Coming to Austin for SXSW? Hold a WVRP?
Join us for some chill "Happy Hour" hangs @ our VERY FIRST WVRPS IRL MEETUP at an undisclosed location in East Austin!
When: Monday, 3/14 @ 4-6pm CT
Connect your wallet to verify ownership + RSVP here: https://t.co/VXj1H8M10T
— WVRPS by WarpSound (@warpsound_ai) March 7, 2022
Bitlectro Labs: Topical Tuesdays
Audius listening party- every month- Information in the discord(link in bio of Audius Twitter
Vagobond’s New Acquisitions
You can find my NFT buying methodology and more at https://vagobond.com/nft-101/
- I’m generally not paying to mint anything at the moment while I attempt to mentally chart where the NFT market and world is going. My focus is currently on the projects I already own with an emphasis on Music, Travel, and Literary NFTs. That being said – I will probably be getting some free project drops from time to time or adding to my holdings of ecosystems I’m currently in or maybe I’ll Degen into some free mints if the gas is cheap.
- SoundBox NFT – This was dropped in my wallet (and 20k others) overnight – interesting: https://opensea.io/assets/matic/0x2953399124f0cbb46d2cbacd8a89cf0599974963/112668330149695733260001443995265941529542679226426860436538928765295858306592
- One fun side effect of this downturn in NFTs for me is I’ve started to look at WAX again – so much happening there – here are a few acquisitions or drops (almost free gas and low cost generally)
- Kool Keith: Big Sche Eastwood: https://wax.atomichub.io/explorer/asset/1099654512465
- I set up the Apocalyptics Game on our Vagobond server. It’s addicting and I bought a character: https://wax.atomichub.io/explorer/asset/1099581945557
My Chip List Top 5’s Today
(Feel free to disagree) – this list will change daily based on my own hype and holdings. To get the latest news on all of these and my more permanent lists go to https://vagobond.com/my-bag-of-nft-chips-blue-red-white/
- On Chain Monkeys
- Pixel Vault/Punks Comic/Metahero
- Degen Toonz
- Moons of Mars
- Valiant Comics
- Peaceful Groupies
- Influence Asteroids
- Non-Fungible Heroes
- Danger Islands / Lazer Defi
- Battle Maneki
The First NFT/Metaverse Religion- Bald Jesusism
The March full moon is the ‘Sugar Moon’ on this day (March 17th in Hawaii) we share sweet treats with kids and the people we love and also – take the day off work if you can. Enjoy yourself. March 14th is world Pi Day. On this day we celebrate math and eat pie. Sharing pie with math lovers is a very Bald Jesus thing to do. If you are baking pies, cut the pi symbol in the top of your pie! The big one for March though is Garden Day aka Spring Equinox – Generally around March 21st. Do some gardening, get outside, feel the soil under your bare feet. Review your goals and aspirations for the year. Meditate on happiness. Gather with friends.
https://www.baldjesusdrinkingclub.com – Minting Now!- for Bald Jesus Drinking Club
.05 ETH limited to 777 total
Holy Bjble – AB version – Readable on OS! Only .001 ETH on Polygon so no gas
Bald Jesus is Your Bro! Don’t Be a Dick
I periodically move all of this to the NFT 101 page on Vagobond.com https://vagobond.com/nft-101/
1. How do you "buy the dip"?
Those who are toxically positive on Twitter will often lambast bUy ThE dIp during weak price action…but how do you do it successfully without getting rekt?
— OSF (@osf_nft) March 7, 2022
Moonlings – Metahero derivitive project by PVFD – https://discord.gg/cXjPutEu4h
Great Projects I’m Not In or Following:
aka projects I missed and am salty about. There are too many – see the whole list at:
Missed in March: Cyber Brokers
Tokens & Staking
These are the tokens and crypto/defi projects that NFTs have led me to. Bizarre when you think about it. See the full list at here
These are projects that I wanted to believe in that simply seem like they are dead. I bought into many of these instead of the winning projects above. Take that as a warning. I sincerely hope that they resurrect – but when I put them here, it means that I’ve stopped believing and looking. I hope to someday have a section at the top called ‘Resurrections’ for when projects in the Graveyard manage to rise up again. As time goes on, I have no doubt this will be the biggest section of this newsletter and I will let it keep growing so that those who care to look can understand that the majority of projects fail and investors lose money. Pick wisely, my friends, and good luck!
Newly Buried: See the huge full list at https://vagobond.com/nft-101/nft-project-graveyard/
Daily Features – Just click on the image to read the latest