NFT Travel Thursday– 3/3/2022 – Vagobond Morning Briefing
Got a scoop or want to join us? Reach out to me via DMs on Twitter or in the Vagobond Discord.
*Pssstt! In a hurry? the (*) indicates something is new or important.
If your email has truncated this briefing – see the entire briefing at https://vagobond.com/
As you all know, travel is one of my passions (if you didn’t know, the name should have given it away) and of course NFTs and Crypto are another one. That being said, I try to keep my eye on what is happening where the two meet. Decentralized travel is a long term dream. There’s a lot going on in the world right now (and frankly, there is a lot going on in my life as well) but this is still an exciting time. Travel is one of the frontier spaces in the NFT world and it feels like it is ready to explode. In the last week there have been numerous new projects that launched – are they good? Well, only time will tell. As with everything in the NFT space – due diligence is required. It’s far too easy to create an NFT project, make promises, and then rug – that’s a huge problem. If there’s one thing the NFT space is going to have to learn to operate on – it is trust. I tweeted about this yesterday – it’s a simple formula and the foundational doctrine of Bald Jesusism “Don’t Be a Dick” – that’s how you build trust. And then you lose it even easier if you are a dick. Simple. Trust, the most valuable and most abused commodity in the world. If we can harness that somehow – then for sure WAGMI.
* ALPHA * – The Vagobond Discord is one of the best free alpha servers around. You might see it in this briefing, but you’ll definitely see it in the Alpha channel of our discord first.
- Bob Dylan and Miles Davis NFTs on the Way
- Defi Infrastructure the Next Big Thing in NFTs
- Ukraine Backs Away From Airdrops but Will Continue to Fundraise with NFTs
- Gamestop: Rise of the Players Premiered at a Drive-in – in the Metaverse
- Nifty League Degens raised a $5 million Seed Investment Round
- BYO Crafts dropping 3/10
- Punks Comic #1 Physical Claim next week, Mintpass #2 in a few weeks
- LIT will have IRL meetups at NFT-LA
- Free Money Alert! Evmos launched yesterday. Airdrop claims should be available later today: Check if you are eligible for this airdrop: https://rektdrop.com/ https://evmos.blog/the-evmos-rektdrop-abbe931ba823
Travel & Food NFT Projects
Updated Thursdays – See latest at https://vagobond.com/nft-101/the-travel-food-nft-beat-updated-thursdays/
News and Updates on Travel NFTs and Projects
- Minting is closed. Thank you to everyone who participated in the Genesis Minting. Now the real work begins. For now here are a couple of updates. We raised around $250k, I will be personally matching $ for $ on mint sales. That puts right around $500k ~What’s Next?~ In progress We have a couple of properties lined up that we are targeting for our first acquisition. Currently in Negotiations with the first property on Lease rates for the first 5 units. In progress Ambassador program payments have not been paid out yet, I will get to those this week. In progress Spreadsheet/dashboard to track Funds related to the project In progress Front End UI for DaoBNB holder bookings In progress Partnership program (property owners will be able to submit a request for us to evaluate their properties for lease to us) In progress Applications process to work with us In progress Course build out and consultation process with holders to help with learning “How to Rental Arbitrage” In progress Dao Systems
Wanderlust Finance – https://wanderlust.finance/
In Black and White Wanderlust is a Tech company developing an all in one blockchain companion application that allows users to pay for travel accommodations and experiences through our native decentralized Asset, as well as standard payment methods as we transition users into using our decentralized method.
At the same time providing community engaging utility like staking through the tokenomics of the contract. As well as the first NFT Minting platform that allows users to seamlessly mint their travel photos or images into personalized NFTs by being able to easily add prebuilt frames, filters, and even embed QR codes to make the NFT scannable to a certain NFT collection or Geotagging your travel adventures.
Now in full color, Wanderlust is so much more than that. We are a sophisticated, curious, and adventurous brand. We believe in the travel experience, seeing the world wanders, and most importantly we believe strongly to the core of all things that we should give back in a way that can help preserve the natural paradises of the world. We will be launching a series of limited high-quality animated video NFTs that we will be putting up to be able to participate in charitable activities with organizations that have the same beliefs that we do.
The Residence DAO – http://www.theresidencedao.com/ The Residence DAO is reshaping the way people experience the world by building a portfolio of properties that NFT holders can access
- minting March 14th – the gist of it seems to be earn crypto to pay for stays at luxury properties.
The Zo World – Zo.xyz This one is hard to get my head around, seems to aspire to be part Couchsurfing and part travel desk. Currently minting and stalled 155/10000 at a mint price of .08 and no secondary volume.
- From the makers of @ZostelHostel the largest backpacking hostel chain
NFTstayy – NftStayy.com
- “First and only travel agency serves on Web3 and metaverse . Only travel agency accummulate income for own NFT collectors.”
- They need to hire some native English speakers on Fiverr to write their copy- it’s painful. “This project is still in its early stages. Make sure to follow our social media accounts ( Discord , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram ) , especially Twitter so that we can apply for verification.NFTSTAYY started as a tiny hotel collection, but quickly developed into an online sensation. This NFT project is similar to other collectibles such as Pokemon cards, fine art, and beanie babies. High utility is main benefit of this collection.Each hotel minted 1/100 at first stage… It can be more than this as it is declared and counted with hidden formula connected to total room number of hotel”
Now @opensea …
Precious location to accommodate , precious property to grab digital asset .#nftcommunity #nftart #travel #worldtravel #PolygonNetwork pic.twitter.com/u7yLnBZyAE
— NftStayy (@NftStayy) March 1, 2022
PNFT – Cayman’s Paradise NFT Club – https://nftcayman.com/ This is a new and novel approach to using NFTs to get discounts and invigorate travel in the Cayman Islands.
- 10000 Hand Drawn, Algorithmically combined Apex Predators that save you money on: Stingray & Island Tours, Bioluminescent Tours, Water Sports, Fishing Charters, Private Charters, Restaurants, Access to exclusive events! More to come! These NFTs are creating awesome experiences in the Cayman Islands! Use your Paradise Predator NFT for discounts, access to special events and Prizes to various experiences in the Cayman Islands – the slice of paradise in the Caribbean!
- 3.2 k minted with a. floor of .06 and a volume of .7 ETH total
SuperLocal – https://pass.superlocal.com/ NFT gated travel app where users can mint locations as NFTs.
People who hold any of our NFTs will receive a bigger $LOCAL token airdrop when our token launches. The more you hold, the more you’ll receive. https://t.co/dTyEMjM1GW
— Superlocal ☻ (@joinsuperlocal) March 2, 2022
Travel Toucans – https://www.traveltoucans.com/ These guys do a weekly Twitter Space focused on travel NFTs on Wednesdays – worth checking out linktr.ee/TravelToucans
- Minted 2/22/22 – 155/10001 minted. I bought four of these and will hold. I love the vibe these guys bring but as you can see from the projects above – there isn’t a whole lot of enthusiasm in the NFT space about travel right now. Travel projects are struggling to get any traction.
- Minting 🔸Public Mint will now be set to TBD based on when it is appropriate to begin full marketing efforts again and momentum has been resumed 🔸Private Presale via password will continue 🔹Travel Trivia will begin next week – more info to come! 🔹Prizes each week for winners! 🔹Travel Movie Night later this month! Early Travel Toucan Holder Benefits 🔸Free entry to Travel Photography contest 🔸Free entry to play Travel Trivia 🔸A new “Travel Alpha” channel 🔸Full access to Travel Toucan Community Map 🔸Much more to come! **Photography contest and Trivia can be accessed by non-holders by helping to build the project & community! (more details to come) For now, these are the main updates – we’ll give more information on each piece as it develops. Thank you again to all of you for being here so early and for your continued support of the Travel Toucans mission & vision!
Travala Travel Tigers – Minting now for WhiteList https://www.travala.com/nft – these guys are the OGs of paying for travel with crypto. Their initial foray into NFTs is expensive and will probably sell out before reaching the public sale – but offers some amazing benefits.
- 1000 tokens sold out with a floor now of 3.357 (last week was 3.4 and 5.5 two weeks ago) The benefits are pretty astounding – but still not sure if worth the cost.
Lynkey – Luxury Resorts and Travel powered by Blockchain and NFTs. https://lynkey.com/
- This feels more like a crypto travel desk with an NFT project tacked on.
📢Announcing the closure of our KYC Reward & Referal Program
We congratulate our loyal community to help us grow 🎉
In case you missed earning LYNKs, participate in our Reward & Referral Program before March 05, 2022 (00:00 hrs UTC, 07:00 hrs next day VN Time)⏳#LynKey $LYNK pic.twitter.com/gwynlWvctA
— LynKey (@LynKey_) March 2, 2022
NFT Booking – https://book.nftbooking.eu/ Book all of your travel with $BOOK – Aspires to be the AirBnB of NFT/crypto travel
- No updates recently, no announcements
Hawaii Aloha Collection NFT – http://discord.gg/hawaiialohanft. Twitter: https://twitter.com/HawaiiAlohaNFT Project created by former NFL star Mana Silva
- Not sure about this one at all, good local vibes in the Discord but the art and project feel pretty one dimensional
- No announcements or updates since last week
Travel Tokens by Drew Binsky – https://traveltokensnft.com
- Again, one I’m not sure of. Less focused on travel than on one man’s travel. Not much activity on Twitter, some dates on the website, and almost no activity I the Discord.
- No new updates
Travel Photography Collections
This section will grow over time
Food & Beverage NFTs:
This is such a huge category it really should be a separate beat. I’ll work on that.
Maison Moon – https://maisonmoon.io/
TV Foodmaps – http://www.tvfoodmaps.com/
- Can TV Foodmaps translate a successful website into a successful NFT?
Flyfish Club –https://www.flyfishclub.com Gary Vee and Partners NFT club sushi restaurant in NYC
Floor for these is around 4.39 from a 5 ETH floor last week.
- Flyfish Club (FFC) is the world’s first member’s only private dining club where membership is purchased on the blockchain as a Non-Fungible-Token (NFT) and owned by the token-holder to gain access to our restaurant and various culinary, cultural and social experiences.
Bored Breakfast Club – Coffee delivered by virtue of owning this NFT. https://www.boredbreakfastclub.com/
- First batch of coffee out for delivery to token holders
Delectibles by FoodMasku – One man’s quest to make masks from the food he eats
Vagobond’s New Acquisitions
You can find my NFT buying methodology and more at https://vagobond.com/nft-101/
- I’m not buying anything at the moment while I attempt to mentally chart where the NFT market and world is going. My focus is currently on the projects I already own with an emphasis on Music, Travel, and Literary NFTs. That being said – I will probably be getting some free project drops from time to time or adding to my holdings of ecosystems I’m currently in.
- Free drop from Dead Mferz: https://opensea.io/assets/matic/0xb5c26f5b5501324acaf5f5a9dc1c4aebed999671/868
My Chip List Top 5’s Today
(Feel free to disagree) – this list will change daily based on my own hype and holdings. To get the latest news on all of these and my more permanent lists go to https://vagobond.com/my-bag-of-nft-chips-blue-red-white/
- Pixel Vault/Punks Comic/Metahero
- On Chain Monkeys
- Degen Toonz
- Valiant Comics
- Peaceful Groupies
- Moons of Mars
- Influence Asteroids
- Non-Fungible Heroes
- Danger Islands / Lazer Defi
- Battle Maneki
Bald Jesusism – The 1st True Metaverse Religion
The March full moon is the ‘Sugar Moon’ on this day (March 17th in Hawaii) we share sweet treats with kids and the people we love and also – take the day off work if you can. Enjoy yourself. March 14th is world Pi Day. On this day we celebrate math and eat pie. Sharing pie with math lovers is a very Bald Jesus thing to do. If you are baking pies, cut the pi symbol in the top of your pie! The big one for March though is Garden Day aka Spring Equinox – Generally around March 21st. Do some gardening, get outside, feel the soil under your bare feet. Review your goals and aspirations for the year. Meditate on happiness. Gather with friends.
https://www.baldjesus.com | Bald Jesus Twitter | Holy Bjble Twitter
https://www.baldjesusdrinkingclub.com – Minting Now!- for Bald Jesus Drinking Club
.05 ETH limited to 777 total
Holy Bjble – AB version – Readable on OS! Only .001 ETH on Polygon so no gas
I periodically move all of this to the NFT 101 page on Vagobond.com https://vagobond.com/nft-101/
Moonlings – Metahero derivitive project by PVFD – https://discord.gg/cXjPutEu4h
Great Projects I’m Not In or Following:
aka projects I missed and am salty about. There are too many – see the whole list at:
Missed in February: Generative Dungeons, Heroes, Mfers , Dented Feels
Tokens & Staking
These are the tokens and crypto/defi projects that NFTs have led me to. Bizarre when you think about it. See the full list at here
Cult Dao– https://app.cultdao.io/ | Manifesto
These are projects that I wanted to believe in that simply seem like they are dead. I bought into many of these instead of the winning projects above. Take that as a warning. I sincerely hope that they resurrect – but when I put them here, it means that I’ve stopped believing and looking. I hope to someday have a section at the top called ‘Resurrections’ for when projects in the Graveyard manage to rise up again. As time goes on, I have no doubt this will be the biggest section of this newsletter and I will let it keep growing so that those who care to look can understand that the majority of projects fail and investors lose money. Pick wisely, my friends, and good luck!
Newly Buried: See the huge full list at https://vagobond.com/nft-101/nft-project-graveyard/
Daily Features – Just click on the image to read the latest