NFT Defi Crypto Collectors Morning Briefing 1/28/2022
1/28/2022 – Morning Briefing
I’d like to welcome Greg R. Fishbone as the first of our beat reporters and partiallyZen as a new contributor. Greg will be taking over the Literary Beat looking at NFT projects that focus on words, writers, and writing. partiallyZen has written a loveletter to Influence that can be found below
I’m experimenting with distribution of this briefing. Yesterday, I stopped putting links in the ‘shill’ sections and views dropped by 25%. I’m surprised. Do people actually click the links in the shill sections of discords? I’ll repeat the experiment today.
Want to write about your favorite projects? This is an opportunity to write and share your work. Compensation at the moment, is simply in credit and being part of a team here.
Got a scoop or want to join us? Reach out to me via DMs on Twitter (@vagobond) or in the Vagobond Discord at https://discord.gg/2nBRJJvyeR
* – Atari NFT Whitelist – https://gftshoppe.com/atari?#start
* – Wonderland turns to Hell – https://cryptobriefing.com/daniele-sestagalli-projects-tank-amid-wonderland-drama/
* – Qubit Finance Hacked for $80 Million https://cointelegraph.com/news/qubit-finance-suffers-80-million-loss-following-hack
* – America Competes Act = Crypto Poison? https://www.coindesk.com/podcasts/the-breakdown-with-nlw/a-crypto-industry-poison-pill-hidden-in-the-america-competes-act/
* – SEC Proposal Could Ruin Defi – https://cryptobriefing.com/new-sec-proposal-could-be-a-disaster-for-defi-exchanges/
Vagobond’s New Acquisitions
Pixel Clouds #783:
You can find my NFT buying methodology and more on the NFT 101 page on Vagobond.com
Literary NFT Beat
by Greg R. Fishbone – email@example.com
News: Project Moonshot, propelling a 12-member cohort of authors into the early NFT book space, has been delayed until it can offer the best benefits to authors. https://cryptoversalbooks.io/project-news/project-moonshot-delayed/
Discussion: Cryptoversal authors are discussing the fallout from OpenSea’s attempts to place new limits on their smart contract and terms of service, implications for future book-specific marketplaces, other learnings of the week on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/cryptoversal
Annie’s Bookshop – An upcoming collection of 9,920 generative NFT books with design trait rarities and unique titles and content. Website: https://anniesbookshop.com/home.html
Jenkins the Valet – Repped by CAA, first book underway with author Neil Strauss and 4,075 licensed characters. Website:https://www.jenkinsthevalet.com/how-it-works Discord: https://discord.gg/B6yNvJBDh2
Nuclear Nerds – Derivative art contest winners announced. Congrats to @peeps026, @j6c6w3, @itmerachna, and all honorable mentions. Website: https://www.nuclearnerds.io/story/ Discord: https://discord.com/invite/kDrzQwvtsX
PageDAO – Beta minter open to DAO members. 32 books published to the ReadMe collection. Token: $PAGE Book Minter:
ReadMe Collection: https://opensea.io/collection/readme-books Discord:https://discord.gg/pm24RDKEb4
Soltype – Book minter and marketplace on Solana blockchain. News: The scheduled beta release of Soltype’s minter has been delayed by technical difficulties. In the meantime, beta testers have been granted preview access to the alpha minter on Solana testnet. Website:
Readl – Book minter and marketplace on Moonriver blockchain. News: Beta release of Read’s minter scheduled for next week. Website:
Token Literary – Focused on helping creators with marketing and tokenomics. Discord: https://discord.gg/gM2TXQ3D9t
You’ll need a Notion account to read this newsletter:
Buzzed Bear Hideout DAO –
Page DAO – (See literary NFTs)
Gas DAO $GAS token –
Open DAO $SOS token –
Blue Chip NFTs Beat
On Chain Monkeys – One of the most positive ‘do good’ projects out there.
* – https://news.onchainmonkey.com/2022/01/27/ocm-dessert-snapshot-on-feb-1-2022-what-you-need-to-know%ef%bf%bc/
Adidas: Into the Metaverse – Prada Drop. I did not win. Did you? If you did, the Prada NFT will have appeared in your wallet.
The adidas Prada re-source NFT winners have been randomly selected. Find out now if you are one of the successful entries by connecting your wallet at adidas.com/prada-nft/mint Winners were sent their NFTs directly to their wallets.#adidasforPradaNFT 1/6
BAYC/MAYC – $APE token.
The mobile game competition has ended! Congrats to all winners. What an incredible experience. We’ll be posting the final leaderboard after we complete our anti-cheat checks this weekend. ☠️🦍⛵️
Huxley – Robot reveal Friday, January 28th at 10 a.m. PST
10KTF – $NTD token. This is a cool and probably Beeple project. WAGMI shop will reopen today
BYO – Ships coming, game coming, token coming.
Peace Void/ Peaceful Groupies – $PEACE token, PeaceDAO, partnerships with other projects and festivals (IRL and MV). So much happening in this community right now. Super exciting.
Other Projects I Like
Creature Toadz – Mashup of Creatures + Cryptoadz . $FLYZ
The Land Dao – A unique metaverse land development project. $RENT
Non-Fungible Heroes/Bored Bananas – Land and token coming soon.
Two Bit Bears – No new news.
Bloot – Bloot is being redefined. $BGLD is being unrugged.
Bulls on the Block / Bears on the Block – Very little significant movement here. Scary.
Heaven Computer – News coming soon. Godmin abides.
NFT Gamer Beat
Pixelglyphs – P2E game, ships, innovative and fun community.
The Invaders! P2E game will include an on-chain marketplace to buy and sell Ships, Planets, and Forcefields using the in-game currency $EL69! Get a mint pass and learn more at invaders.wtf!Invaders!invaders.wtf
Doctor Who, Worlds Apart- P2E Game and NFT Marketplace – Founders Token sale continues (part 3 is well under way), tokens $1000 each. Gameplay continues in Beta among founders only. https://doctorwho-worldsapart.com/r/2909/
Influence Asteroids – https://discord.gg/Y3UsdRXvMQ Everything about the game:https://wiki.influenceth.io/en/community/content-creators
Nifty League Degens – P2E games, avatars, comics, $NFTL
– Snapshot on 31 January. You get 1 comic 5 for each degen you own. You gen 1 comic 6 for each meta degen, 2 comics for each legendary degen and 1 comic for each full tribe set (cat/frog/human/ape/alien/doge).
One Day Bae – This is my favorite project. It vibes with me just right.
Raini Lords of Light – p2e game. Rumor has it that the beta game will launch in a few weeks. Already has great cross chain assets, card staking, and more. https://discord.gg/2TbrB7mk5F
Danger Islands / Lazer Defi – $xBMF token live and can earn by owning Lazer Soda, Bloot, or BlootMF. One of my favorite projects. https://discord.gg/FksWeDWFxe
Mighty Manateez – $ALGAE, comic, and helping save endangered Manatees. Game just launched.
World of Cryptoids. – Interesting game and concept. Main-net launched
Influencer NFT Beat
Gary Vee Projects – Veefriends, Bookgames, FlyFish, etc.
Rug Radio – Farokh project
Creatures – Danny Cole’s project. Rumored to have land and token announcement coming soon.
Nate Alexander Projects – Arena battles continue. Just about 1000 left now competing for over 350 ETH.
– Major aesthetic upgrade coming to the entire chainfaces universe (including fallen faces).These will be free to claim, except for gas costs to holders including fallen warriors from the arena.
Impact Theory / Tom Bileyu Projects – Huge burn event.
– The Pulse – a Weekly IT update
Music NFT Beat
Warp Sound – Generative Art + AI composed music.
* – Friday January 28, 2022 Weekly Town Hall
* – Saturday January 29, 2022 Saturday Night WVRP’D
* – Monday January 31, 2022 The special launch of a new discord event series, where we feature a creator from our community and highlight their creative process! For our first episode, we have WeinbagZ, incredible producer and NFT creator. We’ll go into the studio to watch a little of his process while he remixes his WVRPS stems to create his next NFT!
Moons of Mars – Fashion/music facing game/story/project.
*- MoM is going to drop flight suits again this weekend to holders who haven’t yet claimed one. $300 value for being a token holder right out of the gate.
…or better yet, we can just show you?
🏴☠️XURULΞ₳N 💊 @Xurulean
@coasthawk @D0CT0REN @moonsofmarsnft Tell us more… 👀
Arpeggi.io – On-chain music studio. Create it, then mint it.
Spottie Wifi – The #1 DJ in the Metaverse
🚨🚨 DISCORD TOWN HALL 🚨🚨 THIS SUNDAY 1/30 AT 2:00PM EST I’LL BE SHARING THE KING’S ALPHA REGARDING: ✅NEW ALBUM AND DROP MECHANICS ✅”ALL TIME HIGH” MUSIC VIDEO ✅@AudiusProject REMIX COMPETITION ✅TOUR SCHEDULE ✅FORTHCOMING GRAPHIC NOVEL 🔗 discord.gg/HPxRfZMGcdJoin the I’m Spottie Discord Server!Check out the I’m Spottie community on Discord – hang out with 2,362 other members and enjoy free voice and text chat.discord.gg
MusicTech speaks to @AudiusProject‘s co-founder, Roneil Rumburg, on the San Francisco-based tech startup that’s harnessing the power of blockchains to forge a new direction for music distribution. Read the full interview here: ow.ly/bRSM50HFhJS
Tiki Festival – No New News
Bitlectro Labs/Dreamers/DreamLoops –
Calling All Adventurers:
or “Why I Am All-In On Influenceth”
Note: I was not paid or in any way compensated by Influenceth for this article. I do own Influence NFTs purchased on my own accord.
After exploding in the past couple of years, Non-Fungible Tokens are commonplace. See Jimmy Fallon/Paris Hilton. Incubated by a worlds’ time at home, the market is quickly growing overcrowded and for anyone who has spent time in this space knows, painful. From FUD right out the gate, to rug pulls and ghosted communities, the NFT world can be ripe with stormy mints and good intentions. Here is where the shadowed prologue ends…
Enter Influence (influenceth.io).
From the team’s homepage it is described thus:
“Influence is a play & earn, space strategy MMO where players own all of their content. Colonize asteroids, build infrastructure, discover technologies, engage in combat. Expand your influence across the belt.” – Influenceth.io Homepage
As an older gamer (30 is older now right?), I have been jaded in the last few years by AAA Studios. Plagued by Terrible ports, graphics card shortages, micro-transactions, and straight-up unfinished releases have left me feeling less than stoked for the vector of that market.
It does not take more than a moment looking through the UI or talking with other denizens in the Influence Discord to feel something different. It is a community that viscerally reminds me of the midnight releases of yesteryear. There is a palpable excitement. The collective ownership of the project by the team and community, the rarity creation, the minting process, mixed with the project transparency of a freshly washed window continues to keep my excitement aflame after these few months.
[Yeah, yeah, yeah, fanboy… But I am here for NFT drops, updates, and Web3 content!]
Seriously take a look at the UI on game.influence.io. The way that it seamlessly blends WebGL with Web3 and some seriously advanced smart contracts. There are so many things that the Influenceth team did right. Things that need to be shared and replicated in the future of Web3 are as follows.
On September 12th, 2021 Influence had their second sale that coincided with the release of their Crew minting process. I was trepidatious as so many mints push the gas price through the roof and leave many smaller fishes (such as myself) to wait, hope, and likely lose gas with nothing to show. We were prepared, however, in the Influence Discord they released easy play-by-play for minting and even pushed an update so that you could research before minting went live. Simultaneously, the community dev Denker created a website for collating the available asteroids. (shout out to adalia.info)
I had around 0.33ETH put away (don’t wallet shame me) and was kitted out with all the knowledge provided by the team to buy a medium asteroid for the headquarters to my cyberverse company partiallyZen Corporation.
Fully expecting to only be able to purchase the one before the gas war commenced, I was pleasantly surprised to see that the UI style minting did no such thing. I was able to secure my medium asteroid (0.1881ETH) for 0.19548ETH (gas included!). It is almost hard to believe in the current gasmosphere but take a look at my transaction here. Instead of the single asteroid, I was able to pick up 5 altogether and with them came Crew mints, but we can talk about that next time.
When you purchase an Influence Asteroid NFT during one of the sales, you immediately receive that asteroid as “Unscanned” and “Crew Unminted”. So included in an asteroid you purchase, you get two rarity rolls. Of which you can do at any time (preferably when gas is low) or as a flipper you can keep them unminted for a boon in sales when the game does release later this year. No wait between mint date and reveal date. Some people like that, but I prefer to make my fortune with my clicks, all sub 1ETH of it. I hope to go into more detail on this process in some future article.
This factor is possibly something that most impressed me in the NFT space. The Influence team hosts a Rock Talk every Thursday to discuss any new developments, drop some new sneak peeks, and generally get the vibe of the community with an open Q&A at the end. While they usually have answers for most questions, they are clear when they are talking about “possible states” or something they don’t know. They freely admit their lack of knowledge in these situations. Where the team does know, they provide information on time (even far beforehand). When a specific date is established they hit the bullseye. Their team grows steadily week on week.
Notes to upcoming dApps:
I have only scratched the surface of this outrageously deep game but if I can hammer home just one thing from this article it is not to specifically purchase an Asteroid or Crew (I think you should..but not the point!).
For any upcoming dApp developers; be it in the game-space metaverse or even just a standard rarity style art drop, you should seriously consider looking to Influenceth for inspiration on your next mint. The smoothness of the UI/Web3 minting process, the rarity/reveal is up to the owner, and the transparency of the direction of the Influence Team is a golden image to base my personal dApp goals and will be a direct comparison for my future purchases.
Koan of the Week:
Mazu said to Yaoshan,
“Sometimes I have him raise his eyebrows and blink. Sometimes I
do not have him raise his eyebrows and blink. Sometimes having him raise his eyebrows
and blink is right. Sometimes having him raise his eyebrows and blink is not right.”
Food and Travel NFT Projects
SuperLocal – NFT gated travel app where users can mint locations as NFTs
Travel Toucans – Minting 2/22/22 –
Bald Jesus – BJ is Your Bro
– Minting for Bald Jesus Drinking Club – .05 ETH
– Holy Bjble – AB version –
1/ Gm Frens. Today Let’s look at #HolyBjble Exodus Block 1:21-27 #baldjesus #BaldJesusism #Work WORK! Do not confuse the labor of man with the labor of the universal. Do not confuse the agenda of humans with the agenda of the divine. Work is not something to be taken lightly.
Pixel Vault/ Punks Comic/ Metahero $PUNKS/$POW
– Origin Story #1: Courtney – 5902 origin stories – PVFD holders snapshot prior to Feb 1 claim on a 1-to-1 basis with how many FD you own. Any that go unclaimed will open up to punks comic #1 and #2 until all are sold out.
– Each planet holder will be eligible for sidekick claim. Sidekicks will be stakable. TBA
– Elite Apes Covers to be released using Metahero/Ape Token in early Feb – unique gamification of mint using a coin that has future utility. Available now on PunksComic.com and OS.
– Physical comic will release soon – logistical issues with cases and covers holding it up
Free $$$ – New platforms and tokens/ airdrops
Fee.io – – DYOR – Reportedly was live, then wasn’t. I’m watching but won’t rush in on this one.
Gas.wtf – another airdrop for those who have paid gas on Eth. No new news. DYOR.
Tokens, Staking, Defi
All wonderland, $TIME, $MEMO etc have been moved to the graveyard.
$WTF – You can still claim here:
$LOOKS Token – Looks Rare platform is gaining traction. Daily rewards for staking unmatched.
Tokenify – Looking like a serious token. DYOR but I claimed. A few days left. Now on CoinGecko https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/tokenfy & https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/tokenfy/
$LIT – No new news.
This is an astoundingly useful document:
The biggest rumor is that the Coinbase NFT platform is imminent. Also worthwhile to take a look at this sheet and attempt to use all the platforms. The free airdrops last year brought some people over a hundred thousand dollars.
Raid Party – https://medium.com/@zarcary
Thingdoms – https://discord.gg/thingdoms
Rebel Planet Motor Club –
This is an interesting project. Rebel Planet Motor Club. I know one of the mods from the Pixel Vault Founders Dao. I think this has real potential – at the very least check out the discord. #NFT Join the Rebel Planet Motor Club Discord Server!Check out the Rebel Planet Motor Club community on Discord – hang out with 1,541 other members and enjoy free voice and text chat.discord.gg
Gnomenclature – https://discord.gg/vJD94smbnZ
Metroverse – https://discord.gg/metroverse
Apex Wolves – https://discord.gg/apexwolves – Twitter suspended and Discord temporarily closed
Hype Bears – https://discord.gg/hypebears
Look Labs – https://discord.gg/kscScVhq
Nemus – https://discord.gg/gVS2uHgHv6 – https://nemus.earth/the-nft/ – this is an ecology project.
Saving the rainforest through NFT. This is the future of social change; how society work together. They are competent tech wise, they understand the NFT space and they have amazing Art. I am so impress and excited for this project. @nemus_earth #NFTforGood
zeneca.eth (3,3) @Zeneca_33
I did the thing, I have a YouTube channel now. Check out my first video here (Saving the Rainforest with NFTs). Warning, it’s long and without hype or fancy flashing visual effects 🙂 https://t.co/LFWtScfKtz
Great Projects I’m Not In or Following
aka Projects I missed and am salty about. Find more details about them all at: https://www.flips.finance
Miss of the month (so far) – Creepz
Crypto Punks – missed
BAYC – Our landlord decided to sell our apartment and we had to move so I didn’t want to risk .08 ETH on some silly looking art
VeeFriends – Had the money ready to go but saw problems with the launch and hated the ‘art’
World of Women- sold at 2 ETH
Gutter Cat Gang – sold at 1 ETH
Anonymice – listened to FUD and missed
Galactic Apes – listened to FUD and missed
CyberKongz – missed
Cryptoadz by Gremplin- Thought it looked silly
888 – Seemed like a freak
Wolf Game – Didn’t want to give Beanie my ETH
Doodles – Hated the art
Cool Cats – Thought it looked like 3 year old picture book
Neo Tokyo – Didn’t have 1 ETH when dropped
Ether Orcs – Somehow just missed it
These are projects that I wanted to believe in that simply seem like they are dead. I bought into many of these instead of the winning projects above. Take that as a warning. I sincerely hope that they resurrect – but when I put them here, it means that I’ve stopped believing and looking. I hope to someday have a section at the top called ‘Resurrections’ for when projects in the Graveyard manage to rise up again. As time goes on, I have no doubt this will be the biggest section of this newsletter and I will let it keep growing so that those who care to look can understand that the majority of projects fail and investors lose money. Pick wisely, my friends, and good luck!
– cMyKatz – I really like the dev on this and the community rallied around him but it just didn’t happen, a combination of bad timing on market sentiment and high gas fees. I have cMyKatz, cMyGravez, and ZombieKatz – they are all worthless now.
– Good Guys – One of the rare projects I drew a rare on. Dev got sick and it all just seems to have died.
– Invariant Labs/Monkey Bets – I hold two full sets here. I hope it recovers but with the Beanie mess, just doesn’t seem very likely.
– aiVatar – This project from Trey Ratcliffe was really cool. Totally unique. No one cared.
– CubeVerse – An MIT program turned avatar that seemed cool but then just sort of fizzled. I have several and derivatives – worthless
– Bear Market Bears and Doadz – I really really really want these to succeed. I love the art. Hamm is a cool guy that does cool stuff. It’s just that nothing happens with these and you can’t even give them away (but I won’t)
– Hobo Beards – One of my all time favorite projects and communities. The devs are still working, still making things, still trying to resurrect – but for the moment, it’s in the graveyard.
– The MTA/Metahelmet – I have no idea what happened here. Not a rug, but they just died on the vine.
– Template – I was so excited to buy this one, so excited for the amazing innovation and ideas behind the project but it just seems to have gone nowhere
– Madame Sofia’s Oracle of Wisdom – It seemed like such a good idea, but so quickly dropped to zero
– The Miners Club – Floor price cratering. No news. No announcements. Nothing since the mint. Bummer. Had high hopes for this one.
– Arcade NFTs – These are so cool. Fully playable arcade games on OpenSea. Floor has dropped to zero (or below). RIP ToadRunnerz. I hope I’m premature on calling this one dead – it really deserves to resurrect.
– Invaders –Neil Strauss loves them, arguably the most attractive artist in crypto, cool art and funny characteristics, fun community. Should have worked but just hasn’t. Missing something – but what?
– The Awakening – This was an almost free comic book drop. Didn’t expect much. Community largely dead. Needs a good awakening itself.
– Lofi Skylines – these and other stuff from Crown Ghoul were so cool, but that wasn’t enough I guess.
– Emily Lazar’s September Monsters – this is a pretty cool female artist, music oriented NFT with some nice attachments of comic and music -but – it just go no traction.
– Peaceful Toadz – No new news since mint. Fun art, but low effort follow through.
– Lucky Maneki – This project keeps working and trying but somehow has just never managed to take off. Seems like it is unlikely that it ever will.
– The Meta Reserve – Free mint (+ gas) of 1 GBP note (first 500)
Waiting on reveal. This might be a deadend project.
– MyPfpLand/Bloot Elves – No new news. It’s not looking like much is happening here. Hoping this turns around.
– $TIME, $MEMO, $wMEMO prices have left many rekt. The 100M $BSGG airdrop has not happened yet. Wonderland is down 97.5% from ath several months ago. Seems an impossible task to ever recover.
– Cat and Mouse Game – So many issues. I’m expecting more issues.