Vagobond NFT Beats – Morning Briefing – Weekend Edition 2/20/2022
Got a scoop or want to join us? Reach out to me via DMs on Twitter or in the Vagobond Discord.
If gmail has truncated your email delivery – see the entire briefing at https://vagobond.com/
2/20/2022 – Weekend Edition
Aloha and GM
I hope you are all having a nice and restful Sunday. Yesterday was a bit intense with the OpenSea exploit drama. At first, people were reacting as if everyone on OS was having their wallet drained. I’m not going to lie, I had a minor panic attack when my friend texted me that it was happening. Turns out it was fairly limited but still highlights the need to secure your valuable NFTs and Crypto on hardware wallets. My security has been pretty good – in general, but it could always be better. Things like this are a good reminder.
Also – the world. Covid appears to be coming into normalcy but the looming war in Ukraine, shootings in the US, and more – all of that still exists. So don’t just be safe out there with your blockchain, also be safe out there with your lives! Crypto markets are dipping a bit, maybe this will be a bit of a restful week. I hope so.
This morning’s cover (on Vagobond) is the Degen Toonz you’ll see in my new acquisitions. Sometimes we ape into something we think will be amazing – and it never goes anywhere. This might be one of those – or maybe not. We’ll have to wait and see.
* ALPHA * – The Vagobond Discord is one of the best free alpha servers around. You might see it in this briefing, but you’ll definitely see it in the Alpha channel of our discord first.
- NFT Contract Exploit – stay safe. Use a hardware wallet! opensea-nft-hack-exposes-web3-self-custody-risks
- $1.7 Million Stolen from OpenSea Users
- Federal Reserve Officials Banned from Crypto Trading
- An Update on the Bald Jesus Drinking Club
- My Bag of NFT Chips Updates from Last Week
Vagobond’s New Acquisitions
- Sly Doubt of Uranus: The History of a Lovable Asshole – I published this with ReadMe Books so now you can read it for free on OS. https://opensea.io/assets/matic/0x931204fb8cea7f7068995dce924f0d76d571df99/38
- Degen Toonz Collection #1586 https://opensea.io/collection/degentoonz-collection
- Gnomenclature #5165 https://opensea.io/assets/0xd9f23b79810b4fa2785d3399ba0a4cbb0e42be51/5165
- Peaceful Boxers and other Sandbox Wearables from Peaceful Groupies (free drop to holders) https://opensea.io/collection/peaceful-drip
- Idols Turn Rivals – free character drops for new game from Moons of Mars (plus gas) https://opensea.io/collection/idolsturnrivals
You can find my NFT buying methodology and more at https://vagobond.com/nft-101/
Weekend NFT Beat – Influencers
Updated on Weekends – Latest at https://vagobond.com/nft-influencer-beat/
Cozomo de’ Medici – @CozomoMedici | MediciMinutes.com
Gary Vee Projects – Veefriends, Bookgames, FlyFish, etc.
Weekly VeeFriends Update – https://blog.veefriends.com/2022/02/18/veefriends-roundup-snoop-dogg-at-veecon-facetimes-with-garyvee-free-nft-101-zoom-classes-and-more/
Tom Bileyu Projects / Impact Theory
– The Pulse – a Weekly IT update –
Farokh projects / Rug Radio
Ready to Learn to Earn?!
We are excited to announce a collaboration between Rug Radio, @Ledger, @SyndicateDAO and @ManifoldXYZ, as we partner to bring you a four week education program on DAOs, tokens, smart contracts, security and more! Read below 👇https://t.co/7zfF4mB6Y1
— Rug Radio 🎙 (@RugRadio) February 17, 2022
Nate Alexander Projects / Chainfaces –
– Major aesthetic upgrade coming to the entire chainfaces universe (including fallen faces).These will be free to claim, except for gas costs to holders including fallen warriors from the arena.
I'm obsessed with the idea of what I'm calling 'shapeshifting' PFPs — which @poopie and @NateAlexNFT are pioneering (e.g. Space Doodles)
Wrapping the original NFT in a new contract with a new piece of artwork.
Creates so many possibilities, without increasing the overall cap
— 𝚔𝚊𝚒 🎨+🔗 kai.pcc.eth 🤗 (@kaigani) February 19, 2022
Danny Cole projects / Creatures – Rumored to have land and token announcement coming soon. Maybe you will be able to change the nose or something though – or get a jock strap.
Daily Features – Just click on the image to read the latest!
NFT & Metaverse Religion & Sprituality
The First NFT/Metaverse Religion- Bald Jesusism Bald Jesus – BJ is Your Bro
https://www.baldjesus.com | Bald Jesus Twitter | Holy Bjble Twitter
https://www.baldjesusdrinkingclub.com – Minting Now!- for Bald Jesus Drinking Club
.05 ETH limited to 777 total
Holy Bjble – AB version – Readable on OS! Only .001 ETH on Polygon so no gas
Cult Dao– https://app.cultdao.io/ | Manifesto
I bought some of this. I staked it. I’m not sure what will happen with it, but I like the ideology which is more like an anarchist cult than a religious cult.
I periodically move all of this to the NFT 101 page on Vagobond.com https://vagobond.com/nft-101/
Moonlings – Metahero derivitive project by PVFD – https://discord.gg/cXjPutEu4h
Nemus – https://nemus.earth/the-nft/ – this is an ecology project.
Great Projects I’m Not In or Following:
aka projects I missed and am salty about. There are too many – see the whole list at:
Missed in February: Generative Dungeons, Heroes,
Tokens & Staking
These are the tokens and crypto/defi projects that NFTs have led me to. Bizarre when you think about it. See the full list at here
These are projects that I wanted to believe in that simply seem like they are dead. I bought into many of these instead of the winning projects above. Take that as a warning. I sincerely hope that they resurrect – but when I put them here, it means that I’ve stopped believing and looking. I hope to someday have a section at the top called ‘Resurrections’ for when projects in the Graveyard manage to rise up again. As time goes on, I have no doubt this will be the biggest section of this newsletter and I will let it keep growing so that those who care to look can understand that the majority of projects fail and investors lose money. Pick wisely, my friends, and good luck!
Newly Buried: See the huge full list at https://vagobond.com/nft-101/nft-project-graveyard/