Got a scoop or want to join us? Reach out to me via DMs on Twitter or in the Vagobond Discord.
If your email has truncated this briefing – see the entire briefing at https://vagobond.com/
April 28, 2022
In This Issue:
From the Editor by Vagobond
NFT Travel & Food
Vagobond’s Recent NFT Acquisitions
NFT & Crypto Alerts, Alpha, News, & Headlines
NFT Religion from Bald Jesus
GM and Aloha Frens,
It’s absolutely insane how much energy is being directed at the Otherside mint. The expectations are through the roof. That makes me nervous. There are three outcomes that I see possible.
Outcome #1 – Everyone’s expectations are either met or exceeded – which would make this a true watershed moment in the history of NFTs and crypto
Outcome #2 – Expectations are not met – things fail horribly, something goes wrong, people lose a lot of money
Outcome #3 – the haves get more, the have nots get nothing, and a few lucky souls get life changing wealth dropped on them while another few lose life changing amounts.
I don’t really see how there could be any other outcome than those three. While I want to say that the first outcome is the most likely, if I’m being honest – that’s not the case at all. My non-scientific gut percentages are as follows:
Outcome #1 – 20% , Outcome #2 – 10% , Outcome #3 – 70%
Let’s be clear here – Outcome #2 would be a complete disaster for the NFT (and crypto) markets. While these sectors have proven to be much more resilient than anyone could have expected – this would create a short term bloodbath. I’d love to be way off on that 10% chance.
Also – the success of Yuga Labs, BAYC, and A16z may warrant that I’ve vastly underestimated Outcome #1.
Finally, my natural cynicism and perception of the flow of capital over history may have caused me to vastly over-inflate Outcome #3.
The bottom line is that no one knows. Still, how have I prepared for this? First of all, I’ve sold almost all of my $APE. This could be a huge error on my part, but there it is. I feel like these highs will not last past the sale on Saturday. I’ll gladly accept any drop that comes my way, but I won’t be buying into the land sale – which could be as big a mistake as not minting BAYC – and I’ll have to own it. Finally, most of my NFT holdings are sitting in ecosystems that have teams and visions I believe in long term – I feel confident that Huxley, Pixel Vault, 10ktf, Jenkins, and BAYC/MAYC will survive any disaster that might hit us (but probably won’t) – but if outcome #2 does happen, they will all drop in a big way. In fact, they may drop no matter the outcome in the short term. No matter the outcome, I’ve realized some of my gains and I hope you’ve done the same.
P.S. Tomorrow I will be publishing Issue #1 of Vagobond Magazine as an NFT. It’s been fun putting it together this week and a hell of a lot of work. I know it won’t be perfect, but I hope you all enjoy it. For now, I hope you are considering all the possibilities and opportunities that are coming our way and I invite you to come join in the discussion at the Vagobond discord server. Now – on to travel NFTs!
Travel NFT Projects (& Food!)
#nfttravel #nftravel #nftours #nfttours #tourNFTs #travelNFTs #tourismNFTs #NFTourism #NFTourism
Updated Thursdays – See latest at https://vagobond.com/nft-101/the-travel-food-nft-beat-updated-thursdays/
I’m not seeing much action in the Travel NFT space – frankly I think everyone is exhausted by tax season and the world is in a sort of limbo liminal mode between covid and (hopefully) not covid. The BAYC ecosystem is drawing much of crypto attention and the world financial system seems to be teetering with war, covid, monetary policy, and everything else. People are starting to travel again – I can see it everytime I drive or go anywhere here in Honolulu – but things are still far from normal. ~CD
News and Info on Travel NFTs
- The Infuriating Reality of Paying with Bitcoin in El Salvador – We are so early but it is happening – but of course, we all know that crypto can’t succeed unless it stops being such a pain in the ass
- How Cryptocurrency is Changing the Travel Industry – While there isn’t a lot of new information in this article, I’m happy to see more and more of these pieces popping up.
- The Crypto Community Spent ‘NFT Weekend’ Awkwardly Mingling At A Swanky Long Island Hotel– It’s not just journalists, but entire communities & towns that are experimenting with blockchain travel.
- Travel X Builds First NFT Based Flight Ticket and it sells for an ungodly sum. I don’t pretend to understand here.
- Crypto Space Agency opens up Blue Origin Space Travel to NFT Holders
SuperLocal – https://pass.superlocal.com/ NFT gated travel app where users can mint locations as NFTs. SuperLocal is available in App Stores now. I highly recommend it. Also – when you download it follow me – Username: CD Vagobond. First $LOCAL airdrop is coming soon.
- Local Trotter NFTs are still available to mint – floor .026 ETH and art is revealed now https://hello.superlocal.com/
- Mayorship NFTs are mintable and have a floor of .75 ETH
- Super Early Access NFTs now have a floor of less than .01 – not sure why.
- This is a real company with a real product and a huge and growing community. This is my strongest conviction bet in the travel NFT world. There is a strong userbase and active community on the app as well as in the Discord.
- Improved invite system coming and as soon as I can invite all of you to the app, I will.
Elysium – https://elysiumclub.io/ Twitter: @elysiumclubnft Instragram: @elysiumclubnft Youtube Channel – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWCCPh-B5Xy5gmjtMQ8nH3A OS – https://opensea.io/collection/elysiumclubnft
- I’m still unsure about this. I want to believe, but then, I want to believe in every aspirational project.I spent way more than I should have to buy into the ecosystem – which may end up being a good decision – but the floor seems to hover between .25 and .33 and there is very little activity from the team in terms of announcements – which could me they are working hard on the back end…I hope.
- 8 apartments in various cities around the world – but users can book them for free (2 nights per NFT)
- I think they are working hard to make amazing things happen – but it does have a lot of the feel of ‘If it feels too good to be true, it probably is’ so buyer beware.
- Currently minting at 516 mints out of 10001 at a mint price of .08 ETH. Floor is at 5 ETH. Holders are Diamond Handed. They are minting but it’s a slow roll
- The community is really engaged, the Discord is fun.
- Started a travel concierge service for founders this week. Had a great call with my personal travel concierge – I could really see the Zo World taking off.
Travel Toucans – https://www.traveltoucans.com/ These guys do a weekly Twitter Space focused on travel NFTs on Wednesdays – worth checking out linktr.ee/TravelToucans Travel Toucans is turning into a really useful travel community of people who help each other out with information and suggestions.
Note: The following three projects are all intertwined with one another and I highly recommend that anyone who is considering investing in these or any NFT project do their own due diligence and research. Listing travel NFTs here is a way to keep track of the space and by no means is any sort of investment advice or recommendation. DYOR! NFA!
*New* Project FOMO – https://projectfomo.com/ a unique collection of NFTs designed to give its holders access to once-in-a-lifetime luxury travel getaways to its members. The team is working in tandem with global governments to reinvest a portion of their NFT sales back into these travel based economies.
*New* Fanverse https://fanversecoin.io/ – a multi-chain NFT marketplace that blends fans, community, blockchain, and NFT technology, creating a new era of luxury and digital entertainment that is powered by web3 offering carefully vetted luxury focused NFT’s collections and exclusive access to once in a lifetime experiences.
*New* LiveRichMedia https://liverich.media/ is transforming tourism in the post-Covid economy. Comprised of a team of high-profile content creators with millions of combined followers, LiveRichMedia produces and curates viral content for clients. The team combines its extensive social media reach with the exclusivity of luxury destinations to create breathtaking content that captures billions and encourages followers to travel to high-end destinations all over the world.
TravelX.io – Reimagining a better travel industry
- Describes itself as “The next evolution in IRL NFT Utility” Island Resort Membership. Fiji Based. Resort owners, doxxed team, but expensive – I mean they want to actually buy a Fiji resort, so that makes sense. Worth having a look at this website. It’s more than I’m willing to spend (lowest tier .35 Eth) but it is a neat project with a lot of potential.
- HOLIDAO seeks to build a community of trailblazers reaping the rewards of belonging to a NFT project which owns fun and exciting income producing real estate assets. Harnessing the unique attributes of decentralized fractional ownership and Crypto, HOLIDAO is a real estate ecosystem providing fun, philanthropy and lifelong memories to its members.Initially comprising 8,000 NFT’s which will fund the purchase of an existing operational resort in Fiji. This significantly changes the profitability profile for the resort allowing for a more sustainable and collaborative model.The resort will continue to run as an existing profitable business. HOLIDAO members will receive special rewards as these profits will go back into our community. Along with FREE HOLIDAYS we plan to disperse the profits in the form of giveaways and incentives for genesis holders.The founders have a clear business plan, experience and the energy to sustain this Web3 project. We will scale, develop and grow HOLIDAO to add more IRL assets with a shared treasury and governance by the community. This should ensure an NFT project with long term price appreciation all the while providing the fun and memories of resort island holidays.
Travel Tokens by Drew Binsky – https://traveltokensnft.com
- WL mint price will reportedly be .07 and public .09.
NCL – Norwegian Cruise Line has launched their NFT collection
- Auction continues for NFT that grants stateroom on inaugural voyage of new ships Currently $3k
CABIN – https://www.creatorcabins.com This is one of the coolest projects I’ve recently come across. “Our vision is to build a decentralized city for creators.Cabin is an experiment in the future of cities: decentralized physical nodes tied together by a shared culture, economy, and governance structure.”
Travala Travel Tigers – Minting now for WhiteList https://www.travala.com/nft – these guys are the OGs of paying for travel with crypto. Their initial foray into NFTs is expensive and will probably sell out before reaching the public sale – but offers some amazing benefits.
- 1000 tokens sold (773 owners) with a floor now at 3.4 (range has been 2.99 – 5 ETH since I began watching, nice volume) The benefits are pretty astounding – but still not sure if worth the cost.
- From the website: “We Wander is a collection of unique and inclusive travel-inspired NFTs, generated from hand-drawn elements by travel blogger Anna Faustino and stored on the Ethereum Blockchain.We are on a mission to inspire people to wander and explore so they can create unforgettable memories around the world.Through our exciting Wander Quests and more, we want to help bridge IRL (in real life) travel experiences into Web3 and the Metaverse. As a community, we will be supporting various environmental charities and pioneering movements to help make an impact and make the world a better place.Wander with us on this exciting journey.”
- From the OS collection description: “The Lucky Ape Travel Club🍀 is an NFT collection that works as a collectible art piece, membership to an exclusive club with free access to properties all around the world, and invitation to our annual parties. Website unlocks and perks can be access by the community through roadmap activation.”
- 1 ETH mint price is way more than I am willing to pay, founders appear to be anon
- Some activity in Discord and on Twitter, mint is currently open.
NFTstayy – NftStayy.com “First and only travel agency serves on Web3 and metaverse . Only travel agency accummulate income for own NFT collectors.”
- NFTs that you can purchase with credit card or wire transfer but not clear what you get, what chain they are on, or anything else. On the one hand, the site/project is progressing – but I’m still not sure exactly what it is.
- Link to OpenSea leads nowhere, link to Discord is expired – I’ll keep watching but that’s all unless some clarity emerges.
- Anon team.
PNFT – Cayman’s Paradise NFT Club – https://nftcayman.com/ This is a new and novel approach to using NFTs to get discounts and invigorate travel in the Cayman Islands.
- 3.2 k minted by 116 owners with a. floor of .06 and a volume of .24 ETH total – no change.
- If I were taking a trip to the Cayman’s, I would probably mint one of these.
- 434 minted by 235 owners. Floor range has been .15-.35, currently .25 with little volume. Only 4 out of 435 for sale.
- Minting is closed.
- Founders announced first leases are signed
- Doxxed team, interesting roadmap
The Residence DAO – http://www.theresidencedao.com/ The Residence DAO is reshaping the way people experience the world by building a portfolio of properties that NFT holders can access
- The website says minting is live, but aside from that, I can’t tell much more. Twitter has gone dormant. No OpenSea assets that I can find. Ah…from the Discord:
“Thank you again to everyone who has supported us so far. For those of you who have missed prior announcements, we have decided to refund existing holders, improve the project and relaunch in the near future. Shortly after this announcement, holders will be refunded the FULL mint price (.305 for Miami; 1.25 for Global)! Holders will not need to take any additional measures on their end; we took a snapshot of existing holders a short while ago. Moving forward, do not purchase any TRD NFTs on OpenSea. Metadata will be wiped from existing NFTs.”
- Anon team, probably would avoid anything to do with this unless I start seeing a doxxed team.
NFT Booking – https://book.nftbooking.eu/ Book all of your travel with $BOOK – Aspires to be the AirBnB of NFT/crypto travel
- No updates or announcements in Discord
- This is more of a crypto project $BK – but seems more aspirational than useful
- No team mentioned on site, I didn’t bother reading the white paper based on discord, site, and twitter activity
Lynkey – Luxury Resorts and Travel powered by Blockchain and NFTs. https://lynkey.com/
- This feels more like a crypto travel desk with an NFT project tacked on.
- 1 billion Lynkey Tokens, with ~3800 wallets
- It’s interesting and worth continuing to watch
Wanderlust Finance – https://wanderlust.finance/
- I love all the roadmap stuff here, but this seems to be a token that is promising a bunch of really cool stuff but that so far has dead links to the App Store, dead links to the minter, etc. I really want this to be what they are promising – but so far, it’s a roadmap and a token.
- Wanderlust is a Tech company developing an all in one blockchain companion application that allows users to pay for travel accommodations and experiences through a native decentralized Asset.
- Partially doxxed team, no real difference from last week to this week on the site that I can discern.
- While the twitter says that staking is live, I can’t seem to find a token contract or listed token.
Nomadz – https://twitter.com/Nomadz_NFT I won a whitelist for this project through Travel Toucans, I’m not sure I’ll use it. Friendly engaged Discord community but I’m not even really sure what they are trying to do. No website and no real laid out agenda or goals.
- Nomadz is a collection of 10 000 neo-adventurers. Owning a Nomadz NFT gives you access to a lost map with outdoor challenges. Those that prove worthy will be lead to a secret treasure! Seasonal Adventures are a set of 5 geographically-neutral seasonal adventures leading-up to rare treasure NFT artwork from selected travel photographers! Access to our 5-day Nomad Labs festival (travel documentary film festival, music festival, NFT travel photography exhibitions, workshops and lectures) Access to funding for adventures and creative travel-related projects. Access to live workshops led by some of the biggest names in the NFT photography landscape. Hidden goodies…
Travel Photography Collections
This section will grow over time
Where My Vans Go https://opensea.io/collection/where-my-vans-go
Atomic Photography – https://opensea.io/collection/atomic-photography
Where My Vanagon Goes https://opensea.io/collection/where-my-vanagon-goes– I launched my 33 piece collection earlier this week. I was formerly one of the top rated tour guides on the island of Oahu and each NFT in this collection, allows the owner to book a tour with me in my Vanagon (named 3V or #V Wonder) – terms are that me and Vanagon have to be present and operational – so it’s a little informal but considering that my tours were generally $500-$1300 when I was doing them – there is some serious value in buying one of these for .01 ETH and it is the only way to book a tour with me in Hawaii. Plus – this really is a love letter to both Oahu and Vanagon’s so it’s a pretty cool piece to own.
Each holder of my "Where My Vanagon Goes" #NFTs is entitled to a 3-hour tour on the island of #Oahu, #Hawaii in my Vanagon – a real world utility that far exceeds the purchase cost. Utility exists for as long as I am here and 3V Wonder is still operational and owned by me. #NFT https://t.co/Qls8YBkLuh
— CD | Vagobond.eth (@vagobond) April 11, 2022
Beautiful Cities of the World https://opensea.io/collection/beautiful-cities-trey-ratcliff
Food & Beverage NFTs:
This is such a huge category it really should be a separate beat. I’ll work on that.
Rare Pizzas / Pizza Dao – http://rarepizzas.com
- It all started with Laszlo, 10k Bitcoin, and two pizzas. Now, 11 years later, pizzaDAO is throwing a global pizza party in his honor.
- On Bitcoin Pizza Day in 2021, we spent over $300,000 at more than 300 pizzerias in over 60 countries to throw the World Largest Pizza Party Ever.
- Our mission: Pizza, the formation of Spaceship Earth’s largest pizzaiolo community, the digitization of all the world’s pizza knowledge, and the creation of the open source francheese Open Pizza!
Bored Breakfast Club – Coffee delivered by virtue of owning this NFT. No shipping costs. Great coffee. https://www.boredbreakfastclub.com/
- Second coffee sent.
- Third coffee claim fully funded by community (secondary sales, etc)
- Blend Two reserve sale is live at https://www.boredbreakfastclub.com/product/greasy-spoon
Maison Moon – https://maisonmoon.io/ Maison Moon is a collection of 10,000 uniquely generated premium whisky bottles that will age on the blockchain before reaching your home. As a token holder, you will be able to claim your physical bottle once the final finishing period is over. Your token will also double as a Maison Moon membership that will give you access to fine spirits private sales, exciting air drops and more..
TV Foodmaps – http://www.tvfoodmaps.com/ Can TV Foodmaps translate a successful website into a successful NFT?
Flyfish Club –https://www.flyfishclub.com Gary Vee and Partners NFT club sushi restaurant in NYC
Floor for these is around 3.14 Eth with 1.3k owners (down from 5 ETH )
- Flyfish Club (FFC) is the world’s first member’s only private dining club where membership is purchased on the blockchain as a Non-Fungible-Token (NFT) and owned by the token-holder to gain access to our restaurant and various culinary, cultural and social experiences.
Delectibles by FoodMasku – One man’s quest to make masks from the food he eats
Vagobond’s Recent NFT Acquisitions
I’m not minting anything these days unless it’s either free and gasless or an essential part of a collection I already hold. I feel like pfps and generative 10k collections have come as far as they can and now it’s the established winners in this space that will give us something new. Possibly like what BAYC is doing with $APE or BYO is doing with their universe. I don’t know – but I’m watching for it and looking for opportunities to either take profits or increase my stake in projects that I think might bring about the next wave of innovation. At this point, it’s safe to assume that every new project is either a rug or a future failure. There are just too many unknowns and too many scams. Blue chip projects and solid teams are the safest bet – but even something like BAYC has an uncertain future in a space that has only developed over the past year.
- These were free + gas for Metakays holders. Interesting? Time will tell. https://opensea.io/collection/metakubes64
News & Alpha
- * ALPHA * – The Vagobond Discord is one of the best free alpha servers around. You might see it in this briefing, but you’ll definitely see it in the Alpha channel of our discord first.
- Edward Snowden was one of the creators of Z-Cash
- Defi Hacker grabs $13.4 million from Deus Finance
- Gutter Cat Gang Comic #1 is redeemable for a physical edition for 7 days. Currently .04 floor. https://guttercatgang.com/gutter-comics-burn-to-redeem-for-physical-editions-is-live/
- ApeCoin is hitting new ATHs in run up to Otherside Auction/Mint
- The much ballyhoo’d ‘face melt’ from Pixel Vault seemed to be that Guy Oseary is involved in the project now – in some capacity.
- Bitcoin Rejects $40k as US Dollar strength hits 40 year high
- Three and Four Digit ENS names overtake BAYC volume on OS
- Veefriends 2 Reveal was fun, but floor still dropping a bit. Pretty sure utility will follow so I’m not selling.
- Adidas Into the Metaverse redemption for physical merch starts today, no benefit to not redeeming. Use the official links only https://adidas.com/into_the_metaverse
- *ALERT* There is word of a scary new exploit that uses Google Sheets – you click on the link and it drains your wallet. I’ll share details when I can but in the meantime don’t click on any links that arrive via DM or email unless you are 100% certain of the source!
- *Airdrop* – DYOR and use a safe wallet! This has not been tested by me but some users have reported getting large airdrops that converted to ETH with no issues: https://docs.benddao.xyz/portal/airdrop
- *Airdrop* – DYOR! Check airdrop eligibility for Optimism here, gonna be one of the best airdrops this year https://app.optimism.io/governance More info here
- I’m going to be tokenizing and distributing my startup corporation to holders of Bald Jesus and Vagobond NFTs. Iwahai, Inc. is a Delaware C Corporation and the owner of VoiceMarkr which can be found in the the Apple and Android app stores. VoiceMarkr is a voice centered social media and communications platform which will be owned and developed further by the community – so if you want to be a part of it – you should join the Vagobond Discord ASAP.
- I’ve been publishing this briefing as an NFT through ReadMe books. This is highly experimental and I will only be creating 3 copies of each unless they begin to sell out on a regular basis. Here are the first of them. Moving forward I will be taking what I’ve learned to publish an NFT magazine.
The First NFT/Metaverse Religion- Bald Jesusism
The holidays of Bald Jesusism are meant to be fun and healthy for you and your fam. Enjoy them!
May Day – May 1st is a day to celebrate workers of the world and all they do. It’s a day to fight exploitation and wage slavery. If you have a job, take this day off. In Bald Jesusism, if you have a job, May 1st is the day you call in sick for religious reasons.
Bitcoin Pizza Day – May 22nd is the day the first official transaction with Bitcoin took place. Two large pizzas for 10,000 BTC. We celebrate these very expensive pies by eating pizza and buying pizza for others. This is a great day to buy an extra pizza and give it to someone who doesn’t have one.
https://www.baldjesusdrinkingclub.com – Minting Now!- for Bald Jesus Drinking Club
.04 ETH limited to 777 total
Holy Bjble – AB version – Readable on OS! Only .001 ETH on Polygon so no gas
Bald Jesus is Your Bro! Don’t Be a Dick
Features – Just click on the image to read the latest!