Got a scoop or want to join us? Reach out to me via DMs on Twitter or in the Vagobond Discord.
If your email has truncated this briefing – see the entire briefing at https://vagobond.com/
April 20, 2022 aka 420!
GM and Happy 420 Frens,
Ever since I first heard it – this song has been bouncing around in my head – 420 is the day I get to share it with you all (again) “High as F#%k” Music Video. It feels like the entire NFT space is largely built on a celebration of weed and weed culture, if NFTs and the colorful monkey pictures don’t make sense to you as financial instruments, just get stoned and then enjoy! Also, the NFT music scene and much more make sense if you are high. I must have been high as fuck when I decided to invest in ‘Wonderland’ and a few other things. Today is promising to be a big day in NFTs – rumor is that the Yuga Labs land drop and the Coinbase NFT marketplace are both set to happen today. Peaceful Groupies are dropping some new stuff and of course Look Labs 420 game is going to do something, or at least talk about doing something.
For those who don’t know – 420 is/was the code for a marijuana arrest/bust with American police. It’s really hard to believe that marijuana has come as far as it has. Marijuana stocks are traded on Wall Street! People who weren’t terrified of getting caught smoking (or buying) weed in the 80s or 90s will never appreciate just how far and just how unbelievable the state of weed today actually is. It’s mind blowing. The world changes friends – and it changes faster than we can ever expect. As you can see from today’s cover – Bald Jesus also appreciates the sacred plant. That’s Bald Jesus Drinking Club #0 – by the way.
Happy 420! Enjoy this week’s NFT Music beat with Angel Blue below – but first – here’s that classic I mentioned above.
Buy or Read Today’s Briefing as an NFT:
Music NFT Beat
Gm, gm my frens Happy Wednesday, hope it’s a beautiful day.
My name is Angel Blue(Twitter: https://twitter.com/AngelBeArt8) and I’m here with this weeks Music NFT beat.
This weeks main feature is about Beatballs by Alex Sanzo. Alex is someone I’m advising on as a musician because I am sick of seeing musicians treated badly by labels. As artists and creatives we have the power to touch peoples lives with what we do. I do see potential in Alex he’s become a good friend of mine. Creating 100 1/1s of balls moving to the Music. Alex is an established artist with music on Spotify. He was living in LA from the ages of 19 to 26 for music production but left due to the way labels were telling him what to do something artists don’t need. What Alex wanted was to create something organic. That’s how the balls were created before the music. He was inspired by doing 3D visuals for a photographer friend. What he created was a 3D ball that he replicated in the photo.
Most of Beatballs tracks were made in the pandemic, but he’s been working on the project since November 2021.
He created some beautiful music pieces on Rarible last year called Synesthesia (links are in his bio on his page)
Hearing music and seeing colours in your mind something beautiful.
The balls were created with camera movement to create such visuals that make a story. He’s not only a musician but a painter and had used some of his paintings along with Beatballs. He started learning about NFTS through OG clubhouse days back in February 2021. And that’s what sparked his interest to take his power back as a musician. He hopes to inspire others to create music within the space, like he once was. And I’m here for it to be honest with my full backing.
This week Mike Shinoda set up a Ziggurats Twitter page for all his community to get involved with.
I can’t wait to see what Mike has in store for ziggurats because he is the inspiration for myself within the Music nft space. If anyone reading this could share his twitter far and wide please it will be incredible. For those new to Ziggurats,it was a 5k generative mixtape and art project released in December on Tezos.
Here is one of mine as an example.
The site with more information. Also Mike said in discord that a product designer was all set up for the new website build and then they backed out so if you can help please reach out to Mike on his twitter by tagging him.
Another amazing live show from Warpsound x Smilesss this past week.
The same day they also reached 20k followers on Twitter and it was incredible to see the organic growth. On the 8th April I celebrated my 1st year Warpversary because I discovered them through Mike. And to see them hit that milestone was mind blowing. I’m still very bullish on them, great community, great friends of mine. And also we got another surprise airdrop which I loved with some amazing collabs
ENCORE 002a – Nayomi x https://twitter.com/Em0n33y?s=20&t=Qpz8YFeTMhJdh5GZ8o96vw
ENCORE 002b – Gnar Heart x https://twitter.com/RaviVora
ENCORE 002c – DJ Dragoon x
Warpsound keep under promising and over delivering something special that is important in the space.
They have another stop on their genesis tour with My Pet Hooligan today as well
— WVRPS by WarpSound (@warpsound_ai) April 19, 2022
Secret Garden FM is minting today as well, their genesis drop titled Sunday Journal. There was a beautiful rug radio WVRPD Monday with secret garden and Ed Balloon and it was truly inspiring hearing two different projects in the Music NFT space.
Our genesis drop – a collaboration between oksami & seerlight titled “Sunday Journal” – is minting this Wednesday, April 20. This is our first chapter as we seek to become a leader in immersive audiovisual experiences.
Here’s everything you need to know about minting:
— Secret Garden (@SecretGarden_FM) April 18, 2022
Events this week
Bitlectro labs topical Tuesdays
Warpsound Genesis Tour
Vagobond’s Recent NFT Acquisitions
I’m not minting anything these days unless it’s either free and gasless or an essential part of a collection I already hold. I feel like pfps and generative 10k collections have come as far as they can and now it’s the established winners in this space that will give us something new. Possibly like what BAYC is doing with $APE or BYO is doing with their universe. I don’t know – but I’m watching for it and looking for opportunities to either take profits or increase my stake in projects that I think might bring about the next wave of innovation. At this point, it’s safe to assume that every new project is either a rug or a future failure. There are just too many unknowns and too many scams. Blue chip projects and solid teams are the safest bet – but even something like BAYC has an uncertain future in a space that has only developed over the past year.
- I probably shouldn’t have but I’m a sucker for an ‘open’ system and for torajii which are those Japanese gates that separate the spiritual realm from the everyday realm – this is a nice looking NFT and I enjoyed cruising around in the Omniverse – so I bought one of the lowest tier. I actually thought there was a good chance they would sell out quickly – which goes to show you that I have absolutely no understanding of what works and doesn’t work in this space (yet again) https://opensea.io/assets/0xc64c152078ee7d6d0367f038b8429272c815e528/0
- Sartoodles keeps producing these silly Mfer knock off collections – this was a free mint but the gas surprised me on it. Again, shouldn’t have minted: https://opensea.io/assets/0x26ecd81322b89114e2a7719b7aa0da04588f7a67/3008
My ‘Crusty’ was revealed:
News & Alpha
* ALPHA * – The Vagobond Discord is one of the best free alpha servers around. You might see it in this briefing, but you’ll definitely see it in the Alpha channel of our discord first.
- ApeCoin Soars as ‘Otherside’ Drop is imminent. Rumor is that BAYC/MAYC will have free claim and the NFTs in the promo video will have an automatic WL. As with most things YL, little is actually known for certain.
- YouHodler is giving away $30k in Mana tokens in their Decentraland Treasure Hunt
- Peaceful Groupies announced today that their $PEACE Liquidity Pool is already set and running! They filled it with 25 ETH + 1,000,000 $PEACE from our treasury, and now you’re free to buy, sell and trade $PEACE.
- Coinbase NFT Platform moves into Beta – launch imminent for everyon
- Pixel Vault/Metahero continues to be on hold but with positive action in the background
- Tom Bileyu’s Impact Theory is doing a generative avatar project Kyzen – watch for drops and free claims on Twitter.
- Huxley Robots continue to look to me like one of the things that has the greatest long term potential in the entire NFT space:
- One Day Bae – my favorite NFT project of all time is building a p2e game and like everything ODB had done – it is different than anything else out there. I’m considering going deep in this ecosystem – and the bonus of that is that it’s not an expensive ecosystem to go deep in. Take a few minutes and read this Medium post from them: https://medium.com/@onedaybae/one-day-bae-project-time-to-get-to-know-each-other-21382b2aaf32
- **Serious Alpha** I’m going to be tokenizing and distributing my startup corporation to holders of Bald Jesus and Vagobond NFTs. Iwahai, Inc. is a Delaware C Corporation and the owner of VoiceMarkr which can be found in the the Apple and Android app stores. VoiceMarkr is a voice centered social media and communications platform which will be owned and developed further by the community – so if you want to be a part of it – you should join the Vagobond Discord ASAP.
- Where My Vanagon Goes – A Hawaii Based NFT with IRL Utility
- I’m going to continue publishing this briefing as an NFT through ReadMe books. This is highly experimental and I will only be creating 3 copies of each unless they begin to sell out on a regular basis. Here are the first three of them:
The First NFT/Metaverse Religion- Bald Jesusism
Ramadan continues and I have to admit, I haven’t been fasting the whole time. A combination of travel, illness, and life events have impeded my willingness to fast – so I may be to blame for no free money drops so far in April. The Full Moon Holiday took place on April 16th and our Christian Frens had Easter yesterday! Now, don’t get confused between Bald Jesus and the Christian Jesus – not the same dude but just like we love the Ramadan fast in BJism, we also love the idea of renewal, rebirth, and saving the entire world. The Bald Jesus Drinking Club continues to mint – so make sure you grab one.
The holidays of Bald Jesusism are meant to be fun and healthy for you and your fam. Enjoy them!
https://www.baldjesusdrinkingclub.com – Minting Now!- for Bald Jesus Drinking Club
.04 ETH limited to 777 total
Holy Bjble – AB version – Readable on OS! Only .001 ETH on Polygon so no gas
Bald Jesus is Your Bro! Don’t Be a Dick
I periodically move all of this to the NFT 101 page on Vagobond.com https://vagobond.com/nft-101/
Wait, what..? If rewarding buying and selling on @LooksRareNFT wasn't enough they now added something new. If you list NFTs you get paid for it.
— MoonCat2878 (@mooncat2878) April 20, 2022
Yuga Labs BAYC Land drop
10KTF $NTD drop & BYO $TRYP drop
Gutter Juice ‘Clone’ reveals
Art Heads – I won a free mint of this project, so I’m watching for the mint.
Evmos Punks – The failure of the Evmos Chain the first go around is not promising – but since they learn as they go – this is still a great project to be watching for iteration and innovation.
Great Projects I’m Not In or Following:
aka projects I missed and am salty about. There are too many – see the whole list at:
Missed in April: Moon Birds, Murakami Flowers, Seeds – and so much more. I’m in full JOMO ‘Joy of Missing Out’ mode.
Tokens & Staking
These are the tokens and crypto/defi projects that NFTs have led me to. Bizarre when you think about it. See the full list at here
These are projects that I wanted to believe in that simply seem like they are dead. I bought into many of these instead of the winning projects above. Take that as a warning. I sincerely hope that they resurrect – but when I put them here, it means that I’ve stopped believing and looking. I hope to someday have a section at the top called ‘Resurrections’ for when projects in the Graveyard manage to rise up again. As time goes on, I have no doubt this will be the biggest section of this newsletter and I will let it keep growing so that those who care to look can understand that the majority of projects fail and investors lose money. Pick wisely, my friends, and good luck!
Newly Buried: These aren’t dead projects but projects I’ve lost hope in exiting profitably. I’m not selling any of these but am tired of watching them fail to deliver. I hope they all resurrect and prove me wrong.
See the huge full list at https://vagobond.com/nft-101/nft-project-graveyard/
Features – Just click on the image to read the latest!